February 1, 2019

Dear Future Husband,

Life has been surprisingly okay lately.

Not that my life is ever not okay, don't get me wrong, I have an amazing life. My parents are great people (with good financial standing), I go to a good school, have good grades, have some pretty good people to hang around, and I honestly can't find any reason not to be happy.

With Brad finally out of the picture, I feel like a major weight has been lifted off my chest, and I'm so grateful for that.

Me and Clarissa are back to being good friends again, which is just the cherry on top. In fact, we might be even closer than before. Maybe this whole thing was a blessing in disguise, a twisted, misogynistic disguise.

So yeah, things are going pretty well.

Except I haven't seen a lot of Grant lately.

Oh wait.

Guess again.

We came back to school today after midterms and some schedules got changed around.

And guess who is in my chemistry class now?

Grant :)))))))))

His teacher moved him into honors for this semester and he got moved into my class because I'm a year ahead in science.

Guess who he is partnered with for labs?

Me :)))))))))))

Clarissa still isn't totally cool with him yet, and I know I really shouldn't be crushing on him this hard especially because he has a girlfriend, but I can't help it.

Some people you just feel so drawn to and you don't know why. Some people you just can't help but crush on. Sometimes you don't know why, and sometimes you do.

In my case, it's both.

I know why I like him, he is gorgeous and kind and caring, but there are more handsome guys and nicer guys and guys who have both of those plus some added features, but I don't feel the same way about them as I feel about Grant.

Maybe I'm just wanting what I know I can't have.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

And even when you think you're finally happy, there is always something missing.

As of right now, it's you.

Xoxo, Alina