April 15, 2019

Dear Future Husband,

Not having good friends seems like such a distant memory now. If only I had known back then that I've had a best friend in Clarissa all along, we just couldn't get past our differences to realize it.

We spent the whole day at the mall together and it's the most fun I've had with Clarissa in a while.

When we were kids we would always "play friends" and pretend that we weren't sisters, just best friends and try to make people think we weren't related. It was kind of silly looking back on it now, because sisters should always be best friends, but I know from experience that it's not always true. Today, we were best friends.

It started out as me wanting to go to the mall to get a birthday present for my friend, but my parents had to go to brunch so they couldn't drop me off.

"Clarissa, can you take your sister to the mall?" My mom said as she hurriedly pulled her shoes on.

"Can't you drop her on your way to brunch?" Clarissa called from the couch, still in her pajamas.

"We're already late. Come on just do us a favor." My mom replied, not letting her get another word in before she left.

"Ughhhh." She groaned, not budging from her spot. "Can Grant take you?"

"I already asked him, he has to go to a funeral."

"Kendra?"

"Her parents are going to the same brunch mom and dad are going to."

"Why can't you order something off Amazon like a normal person?"

"Because it won't get here in time." I argued. "You know what, nevermind. I'll just go tomorrow-"

"No," She groaned, turning off the TV. "Mom and dad will get mad if I don't bring you." She finally pulled herself from the couch and started shuffling to the stairs. "Just give me twenty minutes."

"You can just drop me off." I offered.

"Well if I'm going to drive all the way out to the mall I might as well get a bra." She mumbled.

Twenty minutes turned into forty and I was just about ready to take the car myself when she finally came downstairs, wearing a tight crop top and jean shorts (It was sixty degrees.) Sometimes I really wonder if we are actually related.

I told her I would meet her at Victoria's Secret after I got Meg's present because I knew she would be in there for a while. Sure enough, once I was done she hadn't even gotten to the changing room yet and had a good half dozen bras in her arms.

I had to usher her into a changing room because I knew she could easily collect a couple more.

"Aren't you going to try something on?" She asked as she stepped into the changing room.

"I don't need anything." I shrugged.

She rolled her eyes, putting down her bras on the bench in the changing room. "Honey, you're in a relationship, of course you need something. Hold my changing room." She said before waltzing back into the main store.

A few minutes later she came back with about five bras she shoved into my arms. Upon first glance I saw a lot of lace and a lot of extra padding.

"Clarissa, you know I don't intend on getting naked around Grant any time soon." I said.

"Never say never," She said with a wink. "But he doesn't matter. It's you that matters. I always go out wearing a sexy bra because when I feel sexy, I am sexier. It's scientifically proven, now go try them on."