April 20, 2019

Dear Future Husband,

The restrictions have finally been lifted! Grant and I can finally, fully date.

Grant still needs help with chemistry and I've been helping him after school in Mrs. Bradley's room, but she told us yesterday that she had a meeting after school and she was going to lock her classroom so we had to find somewhere else to study.

"How about the cafeteria?" Grant asked.

I frowned, shaking my head. "First of all, I don't think the freshmen can contain themselves. Second, you'll get distracted."

He smiled, wrapping his arm around my waist so he could subtly touch my butt. "Well I'm usually distracted anyway."

I rolled my eyes, blushing. "What about the guidance office?"

"Too many teachers. Chipotle?"

"It's always mobbed in there on Fridays."

There was one place I knew would be perfect to go, but I was afraid to offer. It was no use anyway, it would never happen.

"We could go to my house." I said, feeling like the room got a little darker as I said it.

He swallowed hard. "Last I checked that was off limits."

"For Clarissa's sake," I argued. "She doesn't even care anymore so why does it matter? We've been together over a month now, I think my punishment has run its course."

"Alina, I'm not going against your parents." He said.

"Fine, I'll ask them." I said, pulling out my phone. First I dialed my dad's number, he was usually available during the day. I really wasn't that concerned that they would say no, just worried they might offend Clarissa by saying yes. I will never tell Grant this, but I heard my mom and dad talking after Grant's dinner while I was cleaning his shirt and they had all good things to say.

"I'm happy with him," My mom started. "He actually did better, if anything."

"I thought he passed with flying colors, and I don't think it's because he's done this before. He never looked at Clarissa the way he looks at Alina. This time, he seems like he really cares. That's all I was hoping for, I don't want him to be dating Alina for the sole purpose of saying he dated both of our daughters. He definitely was taking a risk tonight, but he seemed to take it well."

"I agree. He's a good kid. It just took the right girl to really show it."

He picked up on the second ring like I expected him to. "Hi, dad."

"Hey, sweetie, is everything ok?"

"Yeah, um, I was just wondering," I looked up at Grant, just to double check that this was ok. He was covering his face with his hands to try to soften the blow in case they said no, so I was just going to go with it. "Mrs. Bradley's room is closed after school today and Grant and I need a quiet place to study, would it be okay if we took it to our house?"

There was silence and I was worried he didn't hear me.

"Dad?" I asked.

"Alina, you know the rule-"

"Yes, I know the rule but Clarissa doesn't even care anymore, she's fine with me and Grant they are friends again, besides she's at a friends house and that was the only reason we couldn't be at our house before-"

"It's not about that, it's about being alone in my house with your boyfriend."

"Come on, you know we won't do anything."