April 11, 2019

Dear My One,

Never in a million years did I think that Clarissa would actually do anything to help me.

I was getting in my car this morning when Alina called me.

I couldn't believe it. I was frozen as my mind went into panic mode wondering what this meant. Was she finally ready to talk? Did she need a ride? Was she calling me to tell me that she didn't want to be friends anymore?

I was so busy imagining the possibilities that her call was one ring away from going to voicemail, so I quickly pressed answer and stuck the phone to my ear. "Alina," I cleared my throat. "Hey, what's up?"

"It's me, Clarissa."

I rolled my eyes, pulling the phone away when Clarissa's voice forced its way through. "Don't hang up, please just give me two minutes. Hear me out."

"Why the fuck do you have Alina's phone?" I growled, lifting the phone back to my ear.

"Because you blocked my number! What the fuck, Grant?! You know what, let's just forget about that, there's no time. She's going to be out of the bathroom in a few minutes."

"What do you want?"

"Look, I fucked up ok? I should've never said a word to Alina about anything."

I scoffed. "So you stole your sister's phone just to apologize?"

"No, I want to make it up to you."

"I don't want pictures of your-"

"Listen to me, Grant! Stop talking and let me finish! Alina really likes you, okay? A lot more than I liked any of my boyfriends combined. She hasn't been the same since I told her and you were right about the darkness thing, alright? You were right and I was wrong to get in the way and I'm really sorry. I want to make it up to both of you and I want you guys to get back together. Alina is trying to move on, so she isn't talking to you, right?"

"What's your point?"

"I can get you alone with her."

"I've already tried that-"

"Jesus Christ, ambushing her in the hall doesn't count. It's too public and she can see you coming and she has an excuse. I get can get you alone with her, she won't see you coming, and she won't have an excuse."

"You sound like you're going to fucking gag and bind her-"

"Just trust me, Grant, let me help you because God knows you need it."

I listened to what she had to say and although we fought... a lot (as usual) I think we can make this work. The only thing that could possibly go wrong is if Alina won't stay and listen, but from what it sounded like, she really didn't want to break up.

I hated myself for being relieved hearing that she was really upset about all of this. Clarissa said she's been acting like someone died in their family, mopey at dinner, not talking to her in the car, crying in her room after school but blasting her music so no one would hear. Alina is an emotional person so I guess I can't give myself too much credit but damn, Alina really did like me.

Almost as much as I like her.

Almost.

-Grant