December 19, 2018

Dear Future Wife,

Guess who still isn't talking to me?

You guessed it.

I guess it doesn't really bother me that much. The thought of speaking to that cheating whore makes me want to vomit, and I think all that needed to be said was said, especially since she has moved onto Brad Nyles.

What does bother me is that all of her bitchy (and hot) friends are making up shit about me, saying I'm gay and abusive and-- worst of all-- my dick was small.

Look, I have no reason to lie to you in these letters, first of all because no one is going to read them, and secondly because you're my wife and know it to be true when I say that my dick is the exact opposite of being small. I'm proud of my dick, too proud for some slut like Clarissa to ever lay her unworthy eyes upon its glorious fucking majesty.

Anyway, because of these rumors the only girls that are talking to me at the moment are my mom, chem teacher, and Brandy Michaels who has had a crush on me since seventh grade, and even she suspiciously eyes my crotch in the lunch line.

Oh, and there's Alina.

I was still amazed by the respect she showed me the other day. I mean, it wasn't the Troy sister I wanted it from, but hell, at this point any respect would do.

Even now she continues to give me the occasional smile in the hall or "Hey Grant" as she walks past me in the cafeteria. Either Clarissa didn't tell her the details of our nasty breakup (of course excluding the part where she cheated on me), or Alina wasn't fazed by her drama.

But today she did something far from a friendly greeting.

I opened my locker before last period to find a small envelope had slipped out of it onto my feet. On the front in messy handwriting that had the obvious attempt of being neat read Grant.

I looked around the jungle of teenagers bustling in the hallway, wondering if it was a joke and someone was hiding behind a corner recording whatever sick prank was going to be pulled in the name of Clarissa.

I decided that I really didn't have anything to lose if it was a joke, and I didn't recognize the handwriting so I opened it.

Enclosed were four twenty dollar bills with a short note written on the inside flap of the envelope.

For your textbook
Xoxo, Alina

I couldn't believe she had paid eighty dollars out of pocket for me, I couldn't believe she actually remembered that I didn't have a chemistry textbook, details like that I would've forgotten.

I couldn't just take her money, that wasn't fair to her. It wasn't even her fault that her sister threw out my textbook.

After school, I hunted for her face as kids streamed out of the doors of the school like an enormous tidal wave, yet among the sea of students, I saw her kind face, staring intently at a homework assignment as kids jostled her with flailing arms or bulky backpacks, though she took no notice to it.

"Alina!" I shouted as I jogged through the mass of bodies to catch up to her.

She looked up from the paper and looked shocked to see me, her cheeks turning bright red as a smile crept onto her face. "H-Hey, Grant." She shoved the paper into her shoulder bag and pulled a strand of hair behind her ear nervously. "What's up?"

Some kid knocked me roughly from behind and I fell into her shoulder, carefully righting myself again and holding her arm as to make sure she didn't fall as my body continued to be jabbed by the rolling current of students rushing by me. "You didn't have to do this," I motioned to the envelope. "It was really nice of you, but I can't take your money."

She kept nervously glancing down at my hand still on her arm and I let go, realizing that I was probably freaking her out. Maybe she had heard the abusive rumors.

She looked back up at me, the pink in her cheeks sharply complimenting the white gleam of her teeth. "Don't worry about it, it's your money, and Mr. Rollins isn't going to be happy if you don't have a textbook."

I shook my head, handing her the envelope. "No, I can't let you pay for Clarissa's damage."

She handed it back to me. "Don't worry, I'm not."

I looked down at the envelope then raised an eyebrow, really confused at what she was getting it.

She looked around at the angry sloshing of students around us, then focused her sharp eyes with mine. I found myself entranced by the steadiness of her gaze, the speckles of ebony in her eyes swirling around the dark center like fresh coffee grounds. "Clarissa should pay for what she did," She broke her eye contact to look down at the envelope and I almost stumbled back from the momentum of the disconnect. "She might not have agreed to it, but she's going to pay." With one last smile, she disappeared into the ocean of teenagers and I was left standing in awe at what she had told me, kids still splashing around me.

I didn't know Alina very well other than that she was a very kind, polite, and unassuming girl who never said much at family dinners, but I didn't expect her to steal eighty dollars from her sister for her ex boyfriend.

Although I have to say, the idea of stealing from Clarissa sounded a lot better than from Alina, and there was no way I was passing up an opportunity for that.

-Grant