August 20, 2026

Dear Husband,

Today is the day I finally meet you.

Yes, I've met you as Grant Black, the love of my life, friend, boyfriend, fiance, and everything in between, but today I meet you as my husband.

After years of waiting, anticipating, doubting, wondering, hoping, it's finally here. Everything has led up until this moment. In ten minutes, I'll be walking down the "aisle" (I know you don't believe in marriage or churches much, but you're marrying me anyway so I figured I could throw you a bone by getting married on a beach, your favorite) and I figured I should write to you just before that. I promise to be the one you can always come to, your best friend, companion, and everything else you need in life. I will never let you go, I've done that too many times.

We talked so much about marriage, you knew it was important to me and you thought it was a bad luck charm, but you eventually caved. My reasoning is so much better than yours, I'm sorry, but I can tell you're not too heartbroken about it.

I also know you don't like to wear tuxes, so I settled for shorts. Our wedding pictures won't be traditional, but hey, is anything about our relationship traditional?

I guess what I'm trying to say, Grant, is you're everything I've ever wanted. Even though you can be stubborn sometimes, and stupid and cranky and wild, I love every little part of you. Without those little things, you wouldn't be you, and you wouldn't be the man I'm marrying today.

You mean everything to me, and I wouldn't trade you or any of the experiences we've shared with each other for the world. You make me the happiest person on this planet, like truly, I don't know how anyone could be happier than I am writing to you right now.

I want to thank you for being you, and for loving me, and for being the recipient of these letters.

Much love,

Your wife Alina