May 18, 2019

Dear my beautiful girl,

I always imagined sitting home tonight rewatching The Office and making fun of all of my friends who had to wear pink bowties to match their dates.

Jokes on them, my bowtie is blue.

As I got ready tonight, I was actually kind of excited, which surprised me.

I guess I had drilled it into my mind for so long that I hated dances that I never realized how cool they could be with the right person. For starters, Alina could give two shits what I wore and I was the one who asked her what color her dress was so I could buy a corresponding tie. Prom also wasn't really your average semi formal dance, a lot more went into it and you didn't have the freshmen grinding up on each other like horny jackrabbits the whole night. It was just my dumbass class that I hated and kind of loved at the same time. Plus, wearing a suit made me feel very important, and that was kind of fun.

My mom and her boyfriend drove me to Alina's (after taking approximately eight hundred fucking pictures of me in various spots in the backyard). Clarissa had ordered a super stretch limo--which personally I thought was cheesy and a waste of money-- to drive all of her friends to prom. They were having a pre prom party/ photo shoot there too which meant that I would take approximately eight thousand more fucking pictures, so I had to warm up my face muscles.

I was the first guy there and already had a headache once I heard the Kendrick Lamar blasting from upstairs with all of the girls shouting while they got ready. Mrs. Troy met me at the door with a hug which kind of surprised me, I didn't realize we were on a hug basis now, but I was glad that Alina's parents were starting to warm up to me. One less thing I had to worry about, especially because I was going to have their daughter out late tonight.

"Alina!" She called up. "Grant is-"

"Coming!" I heard her yell from upstairs.

She started to come down the stairs and I almost shit my pants.

Alina is fucking gorgeous, ok? On a daily basis she never ceases to take my breath away, but tonight honestly scared the shit out of me. She looked so fucking amazing and I'm pretty sure I forgot to put cologne on. Hell, I didn't do anything special to my hair either and I think I forgot a belt. She had done her hair up like some sort of goddess and her makeup made all of her best features shine and it was blinding. Not to mention that dress on her was just... I don't even know how to describe it. She was like Kate Upton and Rihanna and Megan Fox all in one. I just... wow. I didn't deserve her I knew that for sure. I was going to look like an idiot next to her.

Holy shit, I was going to be next to her.

She was my girlfriend? How? How did I end up with her?

She beamed when she saw me which just added to her beauty and my guilt.

"Well aren't you handsome." She said as she came down the last step to meet me, leaning up to give me a hug which finally brought me somewhat out of my daze, even though I was still sweating.

"You look..." I couldn't even get any words out I was just so... Fuck.

"I'm sorry, I haven't finished my makeup yet. I asked Clarissa to contour my cheeks but she isn't even ready yet and I'm a mess and I'm sorry I'm not ready yet-"

"Are you kidding me?" I scoffed in disbelief. "If you're a mess then Blake Lively is a troll." I didn't mean to actually say those words but I couldn't believe she could say those things about herself.

She blushed, smiling a little. "Really? You think so?"

"I know what I'm seeing right now and she is gorgeous." I said, unable to take my eyes off of her.