April 9, 2019

Dear My Woman,

Alina is acting weird and I don't know why.

Today is supposed to be really happy and awesome but she's acting like it's the last we're going to be together (or least I hope she would be sad if it was our last day).

I picked her up this morning as usual and leaned in for a kiss, but she just buckled her seatbelt and leaned her head against the window.

"Happy one month." I said, smiling, maybe she forgot.

"Yeah," she smiled weakly. "Wow, one month."

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, just tired." She said to the window.

Not much was said as we went to school. I left my right hand on the console for her to hold, but she never took it.

Even when she's tired she always tries to perk up. She is always happy, that was just her personality, so something was definitely wrong.

"Alina," I started after we pulled into the parking lot. "If there's something on your mind you can tell me. This trust thing goes both ways."

She muttered something I couldn't hear.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," She said, pulling her backpack on. "I'm fine."

I watched her as we went into school together, her jacket pulled up to cover her mouth, eyes staring down at her feet, hands shoved in her pockets. Was she on her period?

"Have a good day, okay?" I said to her before we went our separate ways, putting my hand on her arm.

"Yeah, you too." She smiled at me one last time before going down the hall towards her locker.

I was hoping her bad mood was just a morning thing, but by the time fifth period came around, she was still acting weird.

She didn't stop at my locker like she usually did, she just continued down the hall like it was nothing.

I went up behind her and put my hand gently on her ass like I had done lots of times before.

She whipped around immediately. "Stop, what's wrong with you?"

I was taken aback. "What do you mean? I do that all of the time."

She scoffed. "I can't even get a hello first before you just start violating me?" She turned back around and kept walking.

I stopped. "Did I do something?" I called to her, scratching my head.

I'm currently writing to you from English because it's free write time and I figured I should tell you. You're a girl, you should know this stuff. I know that you literally don't know who I am or where I am, and I also don't believe in God, but the controllers of the universe need to give me a sign or something. Just give me a sign and help me fix this.

Yeah, I love you, but Alina is helping me become a better person for you.

Unless she is you.

Either way, give me a sign. Help me get through this.

-Grant