January 7, 2019

Dear Future Husband,

What kind of cake should we have at our wedding?

I'm a big fan of chocolate, but put frosting on anything and I'll eat it.

I don't think I'm going to have a poofy dress, I can't dance in that, but I also don't like the thin dresses that just look like glorified, scandalous prom dresses, so maybe I'll go for an A line or something.

I know it's a bit early to be thinking about things like marriage, but I love the idea of it so much. Marriage is the final step, the most important I love you, and the final show of love.

Honestly, if someone isn't willing to marry me, they aren't worth it.

I know it's scary, I know it's daunting, I know it's hard, but once you find the one, the person you know you're meant to love for the rest of your life, marriage should be easy.

It's saying "I trust that we will love each other forever, and this is my promise to love you forever." That is the final show of bravery, that's the moment you know that you love someone.

It's just sad to see that so many people just see marriage as a joining of funds, and that ritual everyone has to go through before they're thirty five in order to have kids. So many people marry people that they don't love, who they wont be able to love forever. So many people don't get that marriage is only for people who really really mean it, and those people get hurt from it.

That's why marriage isn't a light topic at all, it's something really serious that a lot of people take for granted, and it can be wonderful, but between two people that aren't right for each other in the first place, it can be horrible.

You can think you love each other, and maybe you will for a little while, and then fall out of love. It could take months or even years for this to happen, but between two people who just "love" each other, it's inevitable.

But there's going to be that one person who you more than love, and that feeling can only be felt and described when it happens to you, but when it does, you know that your relationship will never fail. That's when it's time for marriage.

I'm just waiting for you to come along so I can describe that feeling.

Xoxo, Alina