July 17, 2019

Dear my end all be all,

Rena is so fucking hot.

Everything she does makes my dick go wild. Shit, I wish you could see her. Actually, I don't wish you could see her, that would be incredibly awkward. Just trust me on this, she's really hot.

But that doesn't qualify her meeting my family.

After another beautiful day of surfing we were walking out of the water together as Jules was coming in.

"Hey kiddo," Rena started, smiling at her. "Ever surfed before?"

Jules just kind of glared at her. "Yeah, I did when I was younger."

"Oh," Rena said. "Did you like it?"

Jules shrugged. "Eh, I'm not that patient."

Rena laughed. "Spoken like a true candor, I like it. I'm Rena." She looked up at me, almost in a scolding way for not introducing her.

"I'm Jules." She replied flatly.

"Nice to meet you, Jules. If you ever want to surf or just swim, let me know. I would be happy to join you." She winked at her one last time before bringing her board onto the beach and flopping down onto the sand.

I went and sat down next to her. "What was that all about?" I asked her.

She looked at me, confused. "What do you mean?"

"You just introduced yourself to my sister." I said.

She scoffed. "Well you weren't going to do it. Your family should come to the restaurant tonight, I can get you guys lobster half off."

"Why?" I asked. "You don't owe us anything."

"You're my guy. Of course I do." She smiled at me before getting up. "I should probably get going, I have to help set up for the dinner rush, but I hope I see you and your fam there." She kissed me on the forehead before taking her board and jogging up towards the road.

Her guy? Since when was I her guy? Was she my girl? I thought we had agreed no strings, this seemed like a whole fucking friendship bracelet to me. Did she want something more? Or did she invite all of her male companions and their families to half priced seafood? I wasn't sure how to feel about it. Yeah, she was hot as fuck, but we both knew this wouldn't last for obvious reasons, but at the same time, maybe it could work somehow.

I really liked her, and she was hot as fuck, and I guess I had never seen it going anywhere, but never say never right? Who knows, maybe I'm writing to Rena right now. I just didn't know, but I did know that I should probably talk to Jules.

We were back at the house getting ready for dinner and Jules and I were both in the bathroom we shared brushing our sea drenched hair.

"What do you think of Rena?" I asked her.

"Who?" She asked. "Oh, the girl on the beach?" She shrugged. "Is she your girlfriend or something?"

"Yeah, something. Did you think she was nice?"

She sighed. "Yeah, I guess she was nice enough."

"You don't sound very excited," As I ripped through a particularly nasty knot in my hair.

"I don't know." She muttered.

"Come on, Jules, let's hear it."

"I just miss Alina." She said.

That hit me, harder than I expected. It brought back a whole wave of emotions I wasn't sure I liked. I didn't say anything back to her, I just couldn't find the words.

"Did you guys break up?" She asked.

I nodded. "Before the trip, yeah." I said quietly.

We were both quiet for a minute, not sure what to say to each other. "I liked Alina a lot."

"Me too." I murmured back. "We butted heads though, it wasn't going to work out."

"Me and April butt heads all the time, we still love each other." She argued.

"Yeah, but that's different. We're all siblings, of course we will still love each other."

"But that doesn't mean every other person you butt heads with other than family won't work out." She said. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be talking about your relationship like this."

I put down my hair brush and looked over at her. "Jules, you're a lot smarter and a lot more respectful than a lot of grown ups I know, you know that?"

She smiled softly. "And a lot shorter."

I laughed, pulling her into a hug. "Just trust me, me and Alina weren't right for each other. I'm better now."

Somehow, I had a hard time believing myself.

-Grant