January 28, 2026

Dear Alina,

I got you back.

Again.

Took me long enough, but here we are.

And I'm not letting you get away again.

You're going to get these letters soon, and everything will make sense. I've got to organize them somehow (also find them all because I'm slightly positive there are still a few shoved under my bed at my dad's house).

I can't believe this dumb project that I hated so much ended up being one of the best decisions of my life. All of those worries about who I would give them to, when I would give them, and why it mattered suddenly makes sense and it isn't so confusing anymore. Now that I think about it, every worry I had before disappeared because of you. You make everything make sense, and I thank you for that.

Thank you for being someone I could come to when I needed it, even when I didn't know it was you there. You might not be surprised by a lot of things in these letters because you already know it, but I give them to you anyway, because they belong to you.

I belong to you.

So once I get these letters together, they will be yours, but while you wait for that, I have a ring in my pocket that I'm afraid of losing, so I'll leave it in your care.

Love,

Grant