December 16, 2018

Dear Future Husband,

Donovan and I broke up.

I told him how I thought he was losing interest in me and he got all upset and told me how I wasn't good enough for him and started personally attacking me and yadda yadda that part doesn't matter.

What matters is what happened after that.

All my feelings for Grant are back and stronger than ever.

I know it's a dumb crush that will probably never happen, but he's just so great.

And newly single.

And so am I.

Today he was really nice to me and gave me a tissue (even though he forgot my name but let's not focus on that) when he saw I was upset and it just helped me forget everything that had happened before it.

God, his eyes...

Maybe it's the fact that I just had an emotional breakup, or maybe I'm PMSing. Maybe that's why I feel so hopelessly romantic about Grant. Maybe that's the only reason why I was thinking about him all through dinner, weaving my spaghetti in between each other to mimic the wavy volume of his hair, my fork wiggling through the pasta just as his hand wiggled through his locks. Maybe it's because I was trying to distract myself from Donovan's slick hair that always seemed too stiff to run your hands through.

Maybe Donovan was an attempt to distract myself from Grant.

Xoxo, Alina