February 6, 2019

Dear Future Husband,

Good news! Grant is failing chemistry.

Which means Mrs. Bradley set me up to tutor him.

Which means more time hanging out with him.

Now I'm getting not excited because I like him, I just generally like hanging out with him, he is super nice and funny.

But I kind of am excited because I like him.

When she pulled the two of us aside after class I wasn't sure what was going on, for some reason in my head I thought she was going to say "Now I have seen you two making eyes at each other and just wish you would get together already!" But of course, she didn't say that, I was the only one making eyes between the two of us. Instead, she said "Grant, I've noticed you have been struggling with the subject matter recently. Mr. Rollins spoke very highly of you, and you're very smart, so I don't want to move you out of honors, but a little extra help never hurt anyone. Alina is a straight A student and has shown very capable in this class, so I thought maybe you guys could get together a couple times a week and study together."

He looked over at me and I couldn't really read the expression on his face, somewhere in between "Oh god." and "Maybe this won't be so bad."

I decided to respond. "I mean, I'm free after school Mondays and Thursdays." Not true, in the winter the only activity I had going on was student council which was in the morning, but I figured saying I'm free every day sounded a little eager and I felt like he should have a break.

"Uh, yeah, that works for me." He smiled feebly, obviously not thrilled at the fact that he had to be tutored, but he wasn't protesting so that was a good sign.

Tomorrow is Thursday.

And I'm nervous to say the least.

But at the same time, kind of calm and assured.

So I guess I'm just excited.

I don't know what is going to happen, but I have a feeling it won't be terrible.

Xoxo, Alina