July 14, 2019

Dear my future,

Officially halfway through the month long vacation and I have to say, I'm enjoying myself, and I owe a lot of that to Rena.

Every day at dawn I meet her at the beach and we sit on the shore and watch the sunrise together, among other things that may include making out. Then, we go back to our respective homes and meet up on the beach a few hours later and waste the day away surfing and exchanging salty kisses. We usually grab dinner and/ or a late night snack together and finish the day just as it started, by watching the sunset in each other's arms.

It was paradise. The ocean, summer, and a beautiful girl by my side. It didn't get much better than this.

Right?

It just sucked to think that the twenty seventh we would be packing up and leaving this place, with it I would be leaving Rena and our no strings attached agreement that had satisfied the past weeks that would've been hell without her companionship. This vacation was the break I needed from all of the drama at home, but I knew once this vacation was over, all of that would be waiting for me.

It was nice to forget about it, but sooner or later I was going to have to face all of it again, and her again. The idea was scary, and I didn't know why. It was over, I had nothing to be afraid of anymore.

Now wasn't the time to be afraid though, now was the time to enjoy the beach and Rena and the rest of the vacation.

Save the future for the future.

-Grant