December 8, 2018

Dear Future Husband,

I forgot how hot my sister's boyfriend is.

Donovan kind of took away his shine at dinner but he was over at my house the other day and wow. (Shhh don't tell Donovan (or Clarissa))

We actually talked too.

And he isn't as awkward and arrogant as I thought he was.

I always saw him as that guy my parents didn't quite approve of, the guy that was probably only with my sister for sex and for the sake of having a girlfriend, that guy who probably cared more about boobs than school.

I think I was wrong.

I was in the kitchen doing homework when Grant came downstairs, sighing as he trudged past me to the fridge, running his hands through his soft, thick hair. Or at least, I thought it would be soft. Sometimes I imagined running my hands through it, but that was only when it was quiet.

"Your sister wants some aqua eye juice or something?" He had asked.

I almost didn't realize he was talking to me, why would a stud like that be addressing me?

"Acai?" I bubbled, even though his incorrect pronunciation wasn't even that funny. Why was I giggling? He probably thought I was so weird. Maybe he thought I was making fun of him.

"Yeah, sure, whatever the hell that is." He muttered, rummaging around the fridge.

"It's on the door." I advised, feeling like an idiot for letting his gorgeous hair distract me from my chemistry homework.

"Thanks." I heard him mutter, tearing my vision away from his silky mane so he wouldn't notice I was staring.

My mind was still reeling from the seventeen words he had just spoken to me. Despite having been dating my sister for three months, I don't think we've actually spoken. Maybe the occasional wave when they would pass through the kitchen to get to the living room, or when he would come over for dinner, I don't think we had even ever said hello.

"People actually drink this? It looks disgusting." He said, taking me off guard because I didn't expect him to keep talking to me.

"It's ok if you add sugar." At this point, my hand was trembling and my face was hot, I wasn't sure if I could say another intelligent sentence. He was just so gorgeous and I felt unworthy to be in his presence. What was happening to me? It was my sister's boyfriend for goodness sake!

I watched as he took a sip from the bottle and scrunched up his nose in a cute, disgusted way. "It's so bitter."

I nodded, unable to rid the smile from my face.

He shook his head, sighing. "I'll never understand health cleanses. What's the point of looking good if you're not happy?" With that, he left, and I had let out the breath I was holding.

Just as I heard my sister's bedroom door shut again from upstairs, my phone buzzed with a text from Donovan asking if I wanted to hang out with him and his friends this weekend.

I really didn't want to, but if I wanted to keep the relationship up along with my reputation, I really should.

So I said yes.

No matter how unhappy it would make me.

Xoxo, Alina