March 23, 2019

Dear Future Husband,

I only have about page left in this journal so I'm going to make it quick.

I honestly can't believe I have made it this far with you! One journal down, many more to come. Writing to you has been so therapeutic and calming and I can't wait to share these letters with you one day. I love you and I can't wait to see you.

Anyways...

It's the big day.

The dinner that decides it all.

Nervous is an understatement. I have no idea what is going to happen, or if Clarissa is going to try to sabotage it. My parents had given her the choice to opt out, but she said there was no way she was missing it, which was frightening.

Regardless of that, my parents had never been a huge fan of Grant before, like I said he was the bare minimum for an ideal boyfriend, so who knows if they are raising the standards, he might not make the cut.

I kept trying to imagine the worst case scenario to try to make myself feel better. Worst case scenario, Clarissa killed us both with spaghetti stained forks, but that wasn't the most rational worst case scenario. Rationally, if everything went wrong, then my parents wouldn't approve and we would have to go back to secret hallway rendezvous and texting under false names, or he would just dump me all together. Either way, it wasn't a good outcome.

Grant wasn't thrilled when I told him about it either.

"Are you kidding me?" He groaned. "I already sat through two of those dinners, why do I have to do it again?"

"Because they still think you're a bad guy and with the whole Clarissa incident, they think you need to be evaluated or something." I said as I opened my car door.

"Do I really have to do it? Or can I just, like, call them to let them know I did not ever try to rape Clarissa? Do they check their voicemail?"

I laughed as he started the car. "Come on, it will only be, like, an hour and you've been to so many you're an expert by now, you know exactly what they're looking for. It's just a formality."

"Jesus, and I thought when you told your parents you would be the only one getting punished."

I laughed and punched him on the arm. "You're the one who wanted me to tell them. It will be fine. Just come on your best behavior and everything will go to plan."

I was hoping that would be enough.

I wore my nicest (most conservative) clothes and helped mom with dinner to try to start the night on the right foot. My parents were in a pretty good mood which meant we were off to a good start. I could use all of the help I could get tonight.

Unfortunately, Clarissa had already started trying to mess up the night by wearing the most provocative clothing she could find, a V neck sweater that seemed to dip down to her navel, a short black skirt, and the highest heels she could find. She honestly looked like a hooker and I laughed when I saw her, which just made her more angry. I had a feeling her goal was to accuse Grant of staring at her after one glance, something I texted him to warn him of before he got here.

I'm currently sitting on the stairs waiting for him to pull in the driveway. I told him not to be early, but don't be late. The moment the clock hit six o'clock he should be ringing the doorbell. He told me he would probably end up getting to our street at five fifty seven and waiting at the corner until five fifty nine, then he would drive up and come in. Yes, we were being that weird. Everything had to be planned down to the minute to pull this off.

So here I am, waiting with bated breath for my boyfriend to arrive for his slaughter.

Let's just hope I can get through this alive.

Xoxoxo, Alina