July 16, 2019

Dear Future Wife,

Sasha and I are officially official! Never in a million years did I think this day would come, but here we are. I hadn't really thought about dating her, mainly because I thought such a free spirit like her wouldn't be a fan of commitment, which made when she asked me out even better.

Once I came to again the morning after the party, I was surprised to see that she had texted me. I thought for sure I embarrassed myself too much, or that she thought I was a bad kisser or a fake bisexual, but surprisingly enough she asked to see me again.

We went on another coffee date and only lasted five minutes of drinking and talking before we snuck to the bathroom together to make out. That's one of the perks of liking girls, you can do things like make out in public bathrooms.

This time, I was a lot more elegant with my kissing and it was more romantic and less drunk, despite it being in a public bathroom. But I definitely felt something between us, and I hoped she felt it too.

After that, it was pretty much established we had feelings for each other, so we had a few more coffee dates before she asked me to the drive in with her.

We went to see Aladdin together at the drive in, something I found extremely romantic, and were laying together in the back of her car on top of a mountain of pillows and blankets. Her arm was around my body as I laid my head on her chest, her chin nuzzled in my hair. Every few minutes we would exchange soft kisses and just smile at each other. I was just so happy in that moment to have someone I knew would be here. Being there with her was just so magical and refreshing. She made me feel special and energized again.

After the movie ended, we closed the back of the car for some privacy and we began passionately making out and simply enjoying each other's company.

"Alina," She whispered to me as she pulled away from one particularly steamy kiss. "I like you."

I smiled, pecking her on her soft cheek. "I like you too."

"I want you to be my girlfriend." She said with sincerity.

I was a bit taken aback at first. She was rather straightforward with it, and like I said, I wasn't expecting it, but it felt like winning the lottery. You don't expect to get anything big when you buy the scratch off, then next thing you know you're a millionaire. I didn't expect anything big to come out of this thing I had with Sasha, and suddenly she really likes me and wants me to be her girlfriend. It was so surreal.

"I... wow." Was all I could manage in that moment. I was in such shock-- a good shock-- but just shocked that I didn't know how to respond. I had never been asked out by a girl before I didn't know how to respond, even though it was the same response one would give to a man.

"I'm sorry," She said, pulling fully away from me. "I know we haven't been seeing each other that long and you're new to this-"

"Don't apologize," I said, grabbing her hand. "I should be thanking you because I really want to be your girlfriend."

A grin spread across her gorgeous lips as she pulled me into them, another passionate makeout session ensuing.

The next day, I decided to tell my parents.

They were going to have to find out about Sasha soon enough, we have a relationship full disclosure policy as you know, but I wasn't sure how they were going to react to the fact that I liked girls, and more importantly the fact I was dating one.

We had our first family dinner all summer and I figured it would be a good opportunity to tell everyone while we were together.

Clarissa was going on and on about her new boyfriend whom she had been obsessing over the past month. All they did was hang out and I give him a lot of credit for not getting sick of her. I figured since the topic of relationships was up, it was time to disclose my own.