May 21, 2019

Dear best friend,

So yeah, prom was kind of awesome.

I was really nervous at the beginning of it. I was scared I would screw up with Alina, but I had nothing to worry about. Alina isn't the judgy type or the mean type. If I was with anyone else, I would've been a wreck all night.

The actual prom was good, especially when Alina grinded on me. I never expected that of her, it was a good unexpected though. The kind of unexpected that made my dick smile if you know what I mean ;)

After prom was even better, one of the reasons being it didn't go any further than grinding. Me and Alina snuck out to the football field and messed around then laid together for a while. It was nice, really nice. We talked about deep shit, and dumb shit, and didn't talk about shit when we didn't want to.

Nights like those just reminded me how lucky I was to have a girlfriend like her.

I know I've said this a hundred times already but I probably wouldn't have enjoyed myself with anyone else. If I went with Clarissa, it would be absolute hell and we would probably end up fucking by the end of the night. If I went with Vanessa it might be more tolerable but she would be super possessive and we would be grinding the whole time and still end up fucking by the end of the night. I was glad I didn't have to worry about that with Alina, we were on the same page, you know?

We talked about fucking though, and it was an interesting conversation that ended in disagreement about getting married. I felt like she was mad at me for not wanting to marry her or something. Hell, she hasn't even met my parents yet.

Which brings me to my next topic.

Lately I've been trying to be better, and tonight I really made progress. I don't know what motivated me to do it, whether it was how changed I was after prom, or just me still affected by my little moment with Jules, but I did.

Tonight my dad got home from work at 5, three hours earlier than usual. I was just chilling on the couch when I heard the door open and something in me just clicked.

I got up and went into the kitchen where he was looking around the fridge for a beer.

"I was thinking of ordering pizza," I said from the doorway. "Do you want some?"

"Sure," He said, still rummaging around for a beer. "Sausage and onion."

"Ok," I said, staring at the back of his head. I hadn't noticed that I picked the bed of my thumb raw and it had started to bleed. I wasn't sure if it was from the nerves or frustration.

I went back into the living room and ordered the pizza and it didn't come for another half an hour.

I considered just leaving it on the counter, taking my food, and going back into the living room, but I really was sick of staring at the back of his head.

Instead, I got my food and I sat down at the kitchen table across from him. He had his work shit sprawled all over the table and I had to move a few folders to make room for myself. He looked up at me like I had just dabbed his papers on my pizza and that pissed me the fuck off, but I hid my frustration because I wanted to have a semi normal meal with him.

I ate as he did his work, pretending I wasn't there.

"Are you going to have any?" I asked him, getting up for my second piece. "Because if not then I should've ordered a medium-"

"Jesus Christ, Grant, I'm trying to get some work done," He said. "Yes I'm going to have some just give me a minute. Last I checked you're not my mother."

Again, I had to swallow my anger, although it would be coming up again later on the punching bag in the basement.

I took a deep breath and sat down again, starting to eat. Once I had finished my slice, he started to pack his stuff up and finally got food.