May 23, 2019

Dear Future Husband,

It's the little things that count.

It's the small gestures like holding open a door for someone, or complimenting their shoes, or passing them the ball that really matter. You don't have to build them a house, or buy them a clothing line, or make them the star player to make a difference. No one is that rich anyway.

That's what I've noticed throughout my life, how much the little things really matter. I was just as grateful if someone picked up a quarter I had dropped than if they had bought me a meal. It's the little things that kept me going like a good line in a book or that shirt that just fit so well. After all, the big things don't come around that easily.

The little things can make an incredible difference, whether it be positive or negative.

Not getting that wave back in the hallway can really tear you down. Being cut off in traffic can really ruffle your feathers. Getting that one wrong answer on a test can really seem to impact your whole grade.

The little things start to pile up and suddenly they aren't so little anymore. Whether they be good or bad, I don't think they should be considered little because of the huge impact they can have on a person, race, or entire species.

Be the person who builds up a mountain of awesome little things.

I'll be that person for you.

Xoxo, Alina