April 28, 2019

Dear my girl,

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

I fucked up.

Bad.

Really bad.

And I don't know if there is time to make up for it.

Fuck, I'm an asshole.

An oblivious and selfish asshole.

Alina wants to go to prom.

Like

Really bad

But she won't tell me that because she's a nice fucking person who doesn't like to press.

Today I was picking her up from field hockey practice as usual when Matt comes onto the field with flowers and a box of chocolates and a poster that said "I would be scoring big if you went to prom with me." And he had a field hockey stick and ball with which he shot into one of the nets. Kendra gets all hysterical and starts screaming yes and hugs him and all this shit and in the moment, I was rolling my eyes. In that moment I remembered how much I really hated the promposal season, but that moment soon ended when I looked over at Alina who was looking over at the two like they won a trip to Disneyland. She was jealous as hell.

"That's really great for her." She said sadly, trying to hide her feelings behind a weak smile. "She will have so much fun."

I didn't really think much of it then, I was just kind of like "Damn, she wanted to go to prom, oh well, too late now." But now I'm like "Shit, she wants to go to prom and I have to think of something fast." Sure, I could just ask her over a burrito without all of the flowers and chocolate and poster, but she wants the whole thing. She deserves the whole thing, especially after I blew her off when she first asked me. I don't know what I'm going to do though. I can't do something cheesy like going to her field hockey practice, that's already been done. I didn't just want to make her a poster and bring her flowers either, that was also pretty cheesy. I wanted to do something big but it was already late asking her as it was and all of the good stuff was taken.

I'd sit here and talk about it more, but I really have to come up with something fast, or else I'm going to have one upset girlfriend.

-Grant