9 | You Make Me Nervous

| Dylan |

"Where's your car?" I asked looking around the lot of cars.

She pointed just in front of me. "Right there... Wouldn't want Dylan O'Brien to walk a mile away now do we?"

I pinched my lips together and held back my comment until I thought it through. "I'm not like a high celebrity like you if that's what you think of me." 

Selena gave me a smile when we approached her black BMW. It looked sleek. "I know that. I was just testing you and I kind of like annoying you." 

"I hope that was a type of compliment." We both got in her car and settled in with the seat belts. 

I looked back at her and saw her basically stare at me with pierced eyes. "Oh, it is." She reassured with a evil smile. I was getting a weird vibe from Selena. I didn't know if it was good, but it was definitely quite bad and it sort of scared me. 

The car ride was really silent and cosidering the set being really far away made it really strange. It had already been just a few weeks since Selena has been with us during the taping, but I didn't get to actually hold up a conversation with her. I wouldn't even know how to act around her because well, she's Selena Gomez and I don't want to have an awkward I-don't-know you relationship. 

"Dylan, are you okay?" Selena asked giving me a quick glance before staring back at the road. 

I cleared my throat and sat up from my seat. "Yeah-- it's just um-- You make me nervous." 

She giggled. "What for?" 

I pursed my lips together before answering. "It's just... You're Selena Gomez! I'm inside Selena Gomez's car." I brushed my hair back and squeezed it to let out a type of an oh-my-god reaction. 

"Really? No one is like that when they ride inside my car." Selena said in a monotone knowing that everyone would probably react how I would if they rode inside Selena's car. "Look... You don't have to be nervous about me because you can't! We're friends! You aren't nervous around your friends right?" 

I rolled my eyes and gave her a fake laugh. "No... Okay, how about this... We'll play the 5 questions game." 

Selena raised her one eyebrow and looked rather confused. "Isn't it called the 20 question game?" 

"Since we're close to where we need to be, I decided to make it short." I sat still and thought of questions I might want to ask her... I needed to start with the basics, not too complicated. "What do you like to do for fun?" 

"I like to do what normal people do... Hang out with their families, eat a lot of food, go to places and just enjoying!" Her face lit up in an amazing glow. A lot of people told me about Selena being the cheery person... That reminds me to never make her sad. "My turn, what was your first impression of me? List me three!" 

I didn't have to think about that. "My first impression of you was you were Selena Gomez, duh!" I held up my first finger. "You're more beautiful in person." Second. "Holy crap, I get to work with Selena." Third. "Now my turn... Would you date someone in the industry or not?" 

She made a jolt at the red light hearing me change the subject. "Ohhh... We're changing the topic now? Well, Mr. O'Brien... I don't mind as long as he makes me happy!" Hm... She's that type of girl. "Wait, you must think that's corny! Let me change it, someone I really want to be with." I've known her past relationships, it was messy. She grew up in the industry at a young age and her life was probably so bomabrded by so much things while I was still in school. "My turn again." She started to go around the corner to park the car in a secure location.

"Go ahead." 

Selena didn't talk until she mastered her parking. I looked at her and she looked really focused. I would have never thought someone would look this serious when they just needed to do a simple parking. She finally parked and turned off the engine. "What are your fears?" 

"I'm afraid of drowning, but I'd swim... The thought of drowning and not being able to breathe in the area of water just terrifies me a lot." I confessed making her give me a soft smile. It was a rather sensitive topic to talk about, but I still would talk about it. 

Selena and I made sure to get out of the car without anyone noticing considering we were about to eat in an open place. We both chose to eat in Five Guys since everyone loved burgers. We walked in to smell a quick whiff of burgers and fries. I liked it. The line wasn't that long and no one seemed to notice us. I ordered for both of us with extra pickles for the lady. We waited quietly near the counter and got our food in an instant. 

"So, do you usually take out girls to Five Guys?" Selena asked in a hushed tone. 

I just looked at her. She was looking at me and waiting for an answer. "I actually don't. You're the first girl that actually agreed to come to a place I suggested." 

"I feel special." Selena cooed pressing her hand on her heart. 

I chuckled. "I still have a lot of questions in mind." 

"Ask away!" She waved at me before chewing on a fry. 

"Who was your first kiss?" What? What did I just ask? That just popped out of nowhere.

Selena flashed me a straight smile before I just shrugged my shoulders. "His name was Dylan and it was actually on the cast of Suite Life." 

"Dylan's always charm the girls." I added with a prideful smirk, but she just threw a fry at me.

She shook her head. "No and are you excited to tape with me?" 

I nodded eagerly. "Of course I am... What was your first impression of me?" 

Selena gave me a smile. It was probably the most perfect thing to look at. She looked beautiful when she curved her lips to a smile and her eyes would get a slight smaller from tightening all the muscles on her face. "I thought you were really awkward at first, cute and funny." 

"I could accept that." I realized it was my last question so I kind of needed it to be really worth it. "Would you like to do this again?" 

Her eyebrows went up and she stopped chewing. "What do you mean?"

"I mean... Grab another bite with me again, but after this day? Like go out? Not like boyfriend or girlfriend.. Wait, I just messed it up! I mean---" I stopped talking when she started to giggle in front of me.

"You're really cute when you ramble, O'Brien and my answer is... I'd love to grab another bite with you again." She answered with another full out Selena smile. 

"Don't you mean... Eat a meal with me?" I asked her.

"You shouldn't get smart with me, O'Brien." Selena laughed knowing that I copied her from earlier.

"At it's finest." I chuckled mimicking the curtsy in my seat. I looked up to see Selena laughing once more and heck... I could really get used to the sight in front of me. 

{an: this chapter gave me some giddy dylena feels. I love them so much! I wanna cry cause I want it to be real. HOPE YOU LOVED IT! Vote and follow cause I luvvv you guys!}