36 | Parents... Oh Parents!

{an: hiiiii. i'm sorry for not updating soon enough, I just got a slight better from the fever that I got caught up in recently. BUT, 10 or more votes for next update! I freaking love all the support you guys are giving me. I hope everyone is having a lovely holiday!}

| Dylan |

It's just a few days away from the New Year and I've decided to spend most of the time with the most important people on earth. It was supposed to be just a family day with the O'Brien's when until Julia had to blurt out the most random thing ever.

"We should all have a day with Selena's family, aren't they in New York?" Julia asked on the loudest voice ever over the Big Bang Theory episode that was on. I knew she was only doing that to bother me. "Mom. Dad. Did you guys hear me?"

I could've stabbed myself right then and there cause Selena and I haven't even discussed the topic of "meeting the parents."

Mom came out of the kitchen stirring a bowl of what smelled of pancake mix. "Dylan! Why didn't you tell me this? We should get Selena's family and show them around here. Oh! We could all walk around New York today! It isn't as cold today!" She went back inside before I could even say anything.

Julia turned to me with a smirk on her face. "Aw, Mama O'Brien about to meet her daughter-in-law."

"If anything bad happens, I freaking blame you." I stated before heading upstairs and tried my best to explain what our plans for today was.

The phone rang twice before Selena answered, "Goodmorning!"

I chuckled. "Wow, someone must be in a good mood today."

"Well, it must be a big day today." Selena simply said giving me reasons to ask what exactly was going on.

"I don't know why, but there is a feeling I'm getting off of you that makes me think you know what's going on."

Selena sighed in the other line. "You got me. I asked Julia what you guys were doing today and I figured if we could just all bond today. I mean you basically met my mom at least once and I haven't even met your parents."

"Why am I so surprised by this?" I asked.

"Because I'm probably the only girl that you'd least expect to want to meet her boyfriends parents."

I nodded to myself. "That's true, but are you sure you're fine with this?"

"Dylan, you need to relax cause it'll go amazing." She explained making me feel a bit better in the situation that we're in.

"So I guess we'll see each other in a little bit?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed.

I hung up the phone and started to get the most reservations in the most finest places. I knew Selena would've have planned something which would be things like walking in Central Park, but I really didn't want the public aka paparazzi's getting in the way of our plans. Honestly, who would even want that?

When it was after 12, Selena and I confirmed that we would start of in Central Park. Even though it was public, I still thought it was a really nice place to start out considering it was a sunny day.

It was sort of weird walking around with the family in such a open place because usually mom and dad didn't really like getting papped. "Okay, you guys have to act normal okay? None of the weird things that we do at home." I asked wanting to get reassured by them.

"Can I talk about when you were a baby? I brought some baby pictures!" Mom cheered taking out a little photo album.

My eyes went wide. "What? Even here you guys wanna embarrass me?"

"We're only looking out for you, son." Dad said with the most enthusiastic face ever with Julia following along.

I just rubbed my eyes and processed what was gonna be the longest day ever in my life.

"Dylan! Dylan!" Someone called out before I turned around and saw Selena waving her hands towards us.

"Act normal." We all walked towards Selena and her family while everyone instantly introduced themselves to each other. I formally had to introduce my parents to Selena and her parents because that was how I always taught as.

I was guessing that the introductions to each other went smoothly while we all walked around Central Park with the Dads, Moms and siblings walking together. I was glad that this day was actually going pretty well.

I turned to Selena before she gasped at me. "I almost forgot." She giggled. "Hi. My name is Selena."

"Hi. Nice to meet you. The name is Dylan." I chuckled.

"Do you have a girlfriend? Your family must enjoy her families company." Selena pointed out at Mom who was showing Mandy my baby pictures.

I nodded. "And your boyfriends as well?"

She smiled and wrapped her arm around my waist. "I hope your girlfriend doesn't mind if I hug you."

I stopped both of us from walking before I turned to face her. "I hope your boyfriend doesn't mind if I kiss you."

"I don't think he will." Selena said before I was inches closes to her lips until we heard an 'aw' in front of us, but I quickly reacted hugging Selena tightly around my arms. We both ended up laughing before the 'aw' went from 'boo'. "But I do think that our parents do mind."

"Let's save it for later then?" I asked her.

Selena nodded. "Yes."

Even though this day is going smoothly, I know it'll still be long before I get to spend time with Selena. Parents, oh parents!

{an: this was short, but comment and vote bc i luv you guys and you all are awesome.}