38 | Only When I'm With You

{an: hiiii. another short update for the most beautiful and handsome readers ever. :) ohh and I've recently been writing some intense dramatic dylena scenes for this series and I've actually been crying my eyes out. It makes me not want to write any dramas in this series because I hate writing heartbroken Dylan and Selena. ugh. 10 or more votes for next update!} 

| Selena | 

I felt Dylan's arms snake around my waist. We were currently sitting on a long lawn chair in his balcony looking at the stars. I lifted up the blanket that covered both of us.

"I don't want to go back to California, it's too busy there." He said cutting the silence between us.

I sighed. "I know... But isn't New York busy too?"

"I mean that we don't do as much work when we're here, but once we go to California... It's all about work." Dylan's voice started to rise a bit. "And we won't work together for like three months."

I rolled my eyes at how childish he was being again. "Dylan, it's not like I'm not gonna see you when we go to California. I have days off you know?"

Dylan nodded. "Yeah, but trust me... Being Selena Gomez, your schedule is gonna be hectic."

"I do have to have my own personal time you know? And same for you, you'll have a lot of photoshoot and movie opportunities." I reminded him because he has mentioned that he had been offered some movie roles.

"Okay, as usual I'm overreacting." He gave up on our disagreement because I always needed to be right.

We were caught back in silence while I was looking up at the night sky. "Do you believe in destiny?" I asked out loud.

I felt Dylan shift his body before readjusted himself. "What do you mean? Like fate and meant to be?" I gave him a nod. "Then yes, I sort of do. Why?"

"Do you think we were destined to be together?" I asked him. I was in deep thinking tonight and I didn't know where it was coming from.

Dylan simply nodded slowly. "Yes, I do think that we are destined to be together."

"And why?" I turned my head so I could face him.

"Because I always wished for someone to come into my life and sweep me off my feet. Trust me, I thought it was destiny when I was with girls in high school, but it didn't feel like it. The first time I even talked to you was when I felt like it was destiny... We are very opposite from each other and we don't have anything in common, but I knew that there was something between us so I finally introduced myself to you. Ta-da, destiny!" Dylan explained just so easily, it's like he knew what he wanted to say.

I smiled. "I thought it was just me." I didn't expect Dylan to say that, but it made me like him even more.

Dylan tightened his hold on me. "I'm so glad destiny brought us together."

I cleared my throat. "Actually, it was Teen Wolf that brought us together."

He chuckled. "Thanks Teen Wolf for giving me such a beautiful girlfriend!"

I laughed at him. "Stop teasing. You're a cute boyfriend."

"Wow, I'm just cute?" He asked in disbelief.

I turned and hugged him tight. "Kidding, you're the most handsome boyfriend I've ever had."

"What was that again?"

He just wanted me to repeat it. "You heard me!"

Dylan shook his head. "I don't think I did."

"I'M SELENA AND I HAVE THE MOST HANDSOME BOYFRIEND EVER!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

I was interrupted shortly by howling dogs from the neighbors. Dylan already had his hand covering my mouth before I could say anything else. After a minute or two, we both laughed silently before the dogs could attack us.

"You're amazing, Selena Gomez." Dylan commented from the actions that he made me do.

I grinned. "Only when I'm with you."

At that moment, we were both grinning at each other. I was utterly happy everytime I'm with Dylan and it is true that he makes me feel amazing when he's around. I hope he sticks around for a long time.

{an: I luv luv luv you guys and comment if you liked this chapter. :)}