Day's Gone By

Hey everybody! Well it's finally beginning, I hope you're ready!

I don't know how you will feel about this story but I'm very happy with it. I think Mizery and Aidens tale will be as close as you can get to the love and passion that Laney and London shared. They may very well be the next one's to take us on that roller coaster of emotions! Of course they will carry their own personalities but I promise that you will love them... Or hate them... Or just be torn on who to side with. Enjoy loves!!

Oh and please don't forget to vote, comment, share... Especially all my ghost reader's, would love to see your presence!!

Please comment your thoughts on this first chapter and forgive me if it's short but I'm taking a different approach this time. In order for you to get a understanding of the main characters I'm taking us back!  Enjoy!!

🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭

Fourteen Year's Earlier

"Mizery. Misery go fix yourself. We have guest's arriving any moment"

Slipping my mud covered shoes from my feet before I entered my grandparents country home, I obeyed my mother and ran upstairs to wash the mud from my body and change into fresh clothes. Really what could be more important than making a mud fortress to an eight year old.

I'm sure my mother was pleased with me for being a tomboy. Mom is so beautiful and put together just like a Barbie doll. Deep down I know that will never be me. The family refers to me as too spirited, a wild soul, meaner than a snake.

My hair is unruly, stringy and always clinging to my sweaty, grubby face. When mom can manage to have me sit still she washes it until it's the image of spun silk. Then she takes the brush through my hair fighting with all the gnarls and tangles. All the while I'm screaming in protest and trying to break free but somehow she always manages to put it up in a ponytail or braid but before the day is over its back to it's rat nest state.

I can always be found rough housing with the boy's instead of playing dolls with the girl's. Dresses aren't for me either. Naturally mom forces me into them and it's pure misery. Dresses are so stiff and scratchy that I wiggle like a worm until mom gives up and tells me to go change. Usually you can find me wearing worn jeans, t-shirts, sweats or athletic clothing. I've have a mound of shiny shoes but prefer my sneakers instead. However I know mom loves me even if I'm not like her. I'll never be pretty, graceful or ladylike.

For a child of only eight years old I already know that my world is different, unlike other's, unlike the other girls that I attend school with. I know my family is different from other families as well. I've seen and heard thing's, thing's I shouldn't have. I've seen my older male cousin's train as if we are expecting a revolution. I've also seen them withstand harsh beatings.

Oddly though it doesn't scare me. If anything I find it intriguing and even asked my Pape once if I could start training. Pape grinned and squatted down to my level. "Oh,my little butterfly. You will never do this. You're my princess and far better than this. One day though you will be taught some tactics but nothing of this extreme. Now run along".

Pape kissed the top of my head and I skipped off. Once out of sight I made my way to the pit. Often I visited this place when no one was around. There was just something about this room that excited me. Stepping in I wandered over to a table where knives and other instruments laid about. Picking up a dagger, I stared at my reflection in the shiny blade. Hearing a groan, I whirled around to see a badly beaten man strapped to a chair. "Dear child, please set me free. Undo these chains".