Illusions

My heart pounded as the wheels of the plane hit the runway. In my opinion, I couldn't get to the Harper's fast enough. Time was of the most importance right now and the faster I got this ball rolling the better. It's time that the Harper's know what I have on Aiden and I'm hoping this isn't something they are in on with O'Malley. For the life of me I just don't see Cole Butini letting Mizery go to Jerk unless he trusted Seam. However me knowing Mizery, I'm guessing she took off unbeknownst to him.

Jumping into my waiting car, I instructed the driver to take me to the Harper's home. I knew that I could possibly be walking in to my death but I had to expose Seam for what he is. One, I'm breaking the treaty and two, as I mentioned earlier the Harper's could be working with O'Malley on some secret project that I wasn't supposed to discover but if I'm right and this saves Mizery I'll take whatever punishment they wish to bestow upon me.

Time was up, my car came to a halt in front of their massive building. Swallowing my fear as to how this could turn out, I clutched the door handle and stepped out. As I suspected, as soon as I stepped into the building I was seized by several men. "What are you doing here?" Was shouted at me at several different angles.

"This is business." . I snarled trying to Jerk free of their vice like grips. "I have some very valuable information that Mr. Butinio needs to see".

One of the men grunted. "It's very unlikely any of them want to see a thing you have. Besides, Mr. Butinio is suffering a great loss at the moment" .

Knitting my brows together a sinking feeling filled my stomach. I feared I already knew the answer. "What's going on?" I roared.

The men eyed each other as if asking if they should tell me. Coming to a mutual agreement the older one in the group spoke. "Miss Mizery has been killed".

My body went limp and the men released me. This couldn't be. I was too late. I should've fought harder the last time I spoke to her. My eye's begin to water as my heart stopped beating. This just couldn't be. I heard their word's, yet I didn't accept them. Suddenly a image of the steel vault popped into my mind. Damn I hope my theory was right. Trying to compose myself, I stood straight and cleared my throat. "The information I hold could prove that wrong. Please, I need to speak with anyone of them".

After a long stare down, one of the men spoke into his earpiece in mumbled undertones. Returning, he gave a from look. "You've got ten minutes to preach your case. We will escort you down".

Following the man down to the Den, I was unprepared for what I was about to see. As I entered an eerie silence filled the place. The place was empty. Gone was the usual hustle and bustle of deal making. The bars were closed and no dancer, hooked or music could be spotted. It felt like an abandoned city. We ventured into the Harper's quarter's where there offices and such resided. I was lead into a smaller conference room where Demarco awaited me. The look of pain and sorrow was evident in his red rimmed eye's. "What do you want at a time like this?" He growled.

" I know this is bad timing but I have information on the O'Mally's that you need to see".

Looking me in the eye he spoke in a steady voice laced with threat. "As you know this isn't the best time for my family. However i will see what you have only because I can't wait to get my hands on this fucker. If you are leading us wrong I won't hesitate to kill you".

Nodding my head, I laid the files I had brought with me in front of him. "To begin, my family is responsible for killing Seam's father. He was working for the police and busting organizations left and right. Just so happens we were on his list so we ended it. Seam came here to seek the murderer out and he now knows it was me. Not only that, he is aware of my relationship with Mizery. I informed Mizery that like his father, he too was a cop".

Demarco held his hand up stopping me. "Hold on, are you saying that O'Mally is also a cop and that Mizery knew?" .

"Yes. That's what I'm saying".

Demarco slammed his fist down on the table. "Why didn't she inform us? Why did she run off with him knowing our history with dirty cop's?"

Knowing that she fled against her parent's wishes eased my mind. At least now I know that Cole didn't allow her to go so carelessly. "Because she's Mizery". I offered.

" Yes she is. Now continue ".

" I don't believe that she's dead". I said.

Once again Demarco stopped me. Using the intercom he ordered his man to bring in the video. "We have proof that he killed her".

Moment's later I was staring at the screen and my stomach felt sick. God I hoped my theory was right and what I was viewing was fake. I saw my frail, beaten Mizery lying on a bed seeming to be in a peaceful sleep. Next O'Mally enters and after waving at the camera aims his gun at her chest. I had to turn my head away as the bullets rang out filling her up. "Turn it the fuck off" I seethed.

Demarco hit the off button as he swiped a tear from his cheek. After I got my emotions under control I spoke. "Do you believe this? Do you believe he killed her, that she's actually dead?"

" As of right now I have no other choice but to believe it".

I flipped the paper's over. "Please, listen to my theory and keep an open mind".

Taking my pointer finger I jabbed it at some highlighted material. "O'Mally has been purchasing steel rooms similar to fallout shelters. Along with that he recently purchased a track of land in the Indies. Now listen closely. I can't confirm it but what if he was working with Marcus and Jax or the other's in the attempt to bring us all down. What if he chose to continue fourth with the plans after their death's or what if they wasn't toataly honest about all invovled. What if there's someone bigger out there still trying to do this? You're mother is gone, your father escaped and now Mizery is questionable. I know this all sounds crazy but we at least have to try. We are going after this bastard anyways so what do we have to lose?"

" what do you mean we? " Demarco asked.

"You're crazy if you think I'm not going after him as well. I'm offering the aid of myself and my men. Regardless if you refuse I'm still going to be there and I will be the one to kill him. The way I see it, you need my help, all the help you can get. Look at this". I said pointing to another paper.

" seems O'Mally has government officials under his belt and the police department is filled with his men. There's no telling what surprises awaits you. Let me help. "

After a moment's thought, Demarco nodded. "Fine, but let me warn you this better not be a setup".

" Youve always been able to trust the Marritta's, there's no need to stop now".

Demarco stood up. "Come with me. We need to show this to the other's and put a plan on action".

I followed him to the elevators and we rode in silence to the top floor. As I entered Mizery's apartment the entire Harper clan was there. I received many evil glares but my focus was on this normally loud, boisterous family that now sat in gloom and despair. I saw Miri being held by her father as she wept. The look on London's face was enough to strike any man dead. But that's not what made my blood freeze. I spotted Cole leaned against the wall alone. It was clear he had went over the edge at receiving the video. His chest heaved as he breathed and he held a knife against his arm where there was already multiple fresh cuts. If the other's saw this they was just too lost in their own sadness to care. Then those icy green eye's met mine and a vile smile came to his face. Slowly he begin to approach me. "Are you happy now Maritta? Are you happy that she's gone? That another man beat you to it?"

Before I could answer he charged me with the knife held high. Before I could react, Demarco stepped in front of me halting Cole. "Move flower". Cole growled.

" Listen numb nut. Aiden has some very important information that we all should hear. There's a chance that Mizery is alive ".

This grabbed everyone's attention and suddenly I was the center of stares again. Demarco looked at Sire. "Grab numb nut some peanuts before we start. He's gonna need them".