The Devil Don't Like Waiting

This past week has been one living nightmare. Everyone refused to answer my one and only question... What happened to Mizery? What event caused her to sink so far into the depths of her mind?

They insisted that it was something that she should discuss with me. Yes, I understand that but my need to know far out weighed the difference inbetween what was right or wrong. No matter how hard I dug, how often I picked at their brains no one let any clue slip last their lips. My gut told me that whatever happened wasn't good and I wasn't going to like it.

Cole hasn't set foot near me which is probably a good thing currently. The family goes through great lengths to ensure our visitation with Mizery never collides. However I'm always by her side. In fact I've had a cot set up in her room so that I can sleep there even though I was given a room at the Den. After breakfast I go to my room to shower and change. I'm allowed access to the gym so often I burn some time by working out. During this time Cole visits with Mizery and I usually return around dinner time. However I'm not stupid enough to not realize that I'm being watched as I roam around. I was given strict instructions to never go anywhere near the big men's office's. I assume they think I may snoop and discover something of into but right now Mizery is my only concern.

Slowly but surely the medicine is beginning to work it's magic on her mind. Day by day she's returning to us and acting somewhat normal. She hasn't yet spoken about what occurred and I feel it's best if I don't push her. If I learned anything about Mizery during our stay at my cabin it is she will open up in her own time on her own terms. Finally she is eating healthy meals and her color is coming back. Most of the bruises are healed but her ribs are still taped and a cast rests on her arm. Other than that she walks around her room, talks some but not much and doesn't appear to be a threat to herself or other's anymore. We pass our time by watching television, playing card's or sleeping but I do plan on talking to the family soon. Even though I dread it, I must do it. It's time Mizery left the facility and heal the rest of the way in the comfort of her own home. Even though I know I want see her as much it's what's best for her and that's all I want.

As a matter of fact I've asked for the meeting with her family this very afternoon. It will be the first time I've had a sit down with them all but I'm prepared. To my amazement they agreed and I'm currently waiting in one of their finer conference rooms. Eventually the door opened and they all filed in without sparing me a glance, not even a handshake was offered as they took their seats. Most of the family showed and I did notice how the younger boy's flanked on the sides of Cole as well as Demarco. I'm assuming this was for my safety. I was surprised to see that Midi showed up. I figured the men wouldn't allow it. No one spoke, they simply sat there with a look of boredom. Demarco was the one to break the ice. "You wanted to see us. Well here we are. Don't keep us waiting" .

Ignoring his hateful speech I sat up straight and begin. "Mizery seems to be getting back to normal. I feel that if she was in the comfort of her own home she'll progress even more. I think it's time she left the facility. "

The men remained silent but Miri spoke up. This surprised me and I wasn't sure how to handle her. The men yes, but her no. I must admit she was a very beautiful woman but I've heard that she is just as lethal as the men of not more so. "I'm guessing she hasn't told you yet?" She asked with a frosty bite to her tone.

" As of now no. One thing I do understand about Mizery is that she can't be pushed. When she's ready to talk she will".

"Yes. I know how my daughter work's. There's no need for you to inform me. However I do agree. It is time for her to come home. We was planning on having her moved tomorrow" .

Learning that they had been making arrangements without informing me played with my anger. "And when was I going to be informed of this?"

The evil woman smirked. "When you saw her being moved. I have no reason to discuss my daughter's concerns with you nor do I need your approval. You have no claim on her even though you think you may. Once she is in my home you will only be allowed to visit for a short period each day. I will not compromise my husband's feelings toward you. Before you try to argue my rule think of it this way.... You're lucky you get visitation at all. Don't make me regret allowing that".