Luck Of The Irish

Walking back to my table feeling confident that I'd win the bid this stranger's eye's continued to follow me. I felt like I was on a slip of glass placed under a microscope. His boldness was absurd but I can't lie and say that I didn't like his attention. It definitely fed my ego as not many guy's had ever checked me out.

Returning to my seat stuffed between Sire and Duel, I glanced back up and sure enough this guy was still watching me, except this time he shot me that devastating smile once again. I nearly turned around to check over my shoulder see if perhaps it was aimed at another. Needless to say flirting wasn't my forte. Biting the bullet, I smiled back and prayed my crazy didn't shine through.

In the back of my mind I told myself that I should stop this and ignore his attention. My heart still wasn't over Aiden and I wasn't ready to put myself back out there In My to possibly be let down again. But this stranger was so damn alluring and as mysterious as me. We played eye tag for several minutes before Sire nudged my arm. Turning my attention to him he spoke quietly. "Tread carefully there lil cuz".

" What? It's nothing going on here ". I said trying to hide  my embarrassment at openly flirting.

Sire smirked. "O-Kay".

Knowing I had been busted I decided to go ahead and inquire about this intriguing man. "Who is he?"

" His name is Seam O'Mally. His family are one of the strongest in Ireland. Seam recently took over as his father was murdered during a heist that went bad. His reign is fairly new so I can't tell you much on how well of a King he is. However he isn't one to be taken lightly. Word has it that he made his first kill at the age of ten. Seam is known to be brutal and rarely if at all gives a second chance. My guess is that he's here trying to snoop out his father's killer's. If I were you I'd steer clear". Sire offered up.

Duel's annoying laugh interrupted our private conversation. "I'd go for him Miz. Thing's are getting boring around home and this would surely put uncle Numb Nuts over the edge".

Shooting Duel a look of annoyance I snapped. "Why don't you go back to irritating Zoe".

From across the table Zoe rolled her eye's and held her palm up in a stop motion. "Please no. I've had about all I can take of Duel tonight".

Duel gave his trademark smirk. "Come on Zoe, you know you secretly want me. So what that you're a few year's older than me. I can still rock that ass" .

"Ha. Come back and talk to me once you hit puberty". Zoe spat causing us to snicker.

It was obvious that Zoe's word's touched a nerve with Duel. Sitting up, Duel came to his own defense. "Girl, you couldn't handle this. You're scared you might realize that I'm your daddy".

Closing her eye's for a second to try and remain calm she shot back. "You're right, I couldn't handle it. I have a tendency to drop small thing's" .

We all laughed as Duel stood up and mumbled. "Bitch". Before taking off to mingle or hunt the next poor female.

After some time I decided to go grab a plate of food. Excusing myself, I happily made my way to the buffet that was set up. I grinned as I spotted Duel off in the corner with one of the waitresses. Picking up a plate, I begin to select some fresh fruit when a deep, heavily accented voice interrupted me. "Stay away from the strawberries. They are delicious and I've staked my claim on them. They are mine".

Turning I came face to face with the stranger. "Oh really?" I asked smartly as I stabbed a strawberry onto the tong.

" kindly put it back". He suggested.

"And if I don't...."

" Hmmmm.... You might just have to come sit with me and chat".

"Oh. Then I should really put it back".

He grabbed his chest sarcastically and feigned. "Harsh, so harsh. You break my heart lovely".

I broke and laughed. Extending my hand I introduced myself. "Mizery Butino".

" Seam O'Mally and the pleasure is all mine. Now could I persuade you to a bit of conversation? "

Throwing Sire's warning to the wind, I replied. "It may cost you a strawberry" .

Seam grinned that killer grin and said. "I'd give up the entire container for just a moment of your time" .

We skipped off to a smaller table and Seam pulled the chair out for me. "So tell me about yourself" .

Shrugging I supplied. "Not much to tell. I'm here on business as most are."

" Ah, the shy type huh? "

Not shy I thought, just not social especially given my past. "No but I must know someone better before I give myself away".

" Smart and makes sense in our world. You can never be too careful or trusting".

I nodded. "What about you. It's obvious you're not American" . I stated even though I already knew.

"Irish. The Irish O'Mally's. The strongest of Ireland". He said as if he were trying to impress me.

'hmmm... I'm not impressed. It's hard to impress a Harper". I smirked.

" Oh, such a tough shell to crack aren't you Mizery".

I don't know why I said what I said next but I did. "Not at all. It just takes a special someone to crack me".

" Ah, poor girl is suffering a broken heart". He suggested.

"That obvious" . Is all I gave back.

"Well you know what they say is the best cure for a broken heart?"

" What? " I asked with a chuckle.

Seam laughed as well and said. "A good, fun fling".

" You don't know what you'd be getting into". I warned playfully.

"I like trouble" . He winked.

"I'm crazy". I warned.

" And I'm an institution ". Seam said in a much deeper, serious tone.

" I'm very difficult ". I stated trying to ward him off.

" And I excelled in math".

"My mind is a dark place". I said trying to be as honest as I could.

" I have a flashlight with extra batteries". He stated.

I shook my head slowly and admitted. "You don't want this".

" You're right, I don't want this. I need this". He spoke leaning to my ear.

Before I knew what was happening his lips gently pressed to mine in a slow, tender kiss. As he pulled away his teeth nibbled my bottom lip carefully. Looking into my eye's he bit down on his own lower lip and spoke in a gruff yet soft tone. "You can have the strawberries, I've found a new flavor that's intoxicating" .