The Truth Set Her Free

My mind replays my last moment's with Aiden over and over. It's as if I'm stuck on repeat and constantly rethink my decision as well as my word's. Word's so vicious, so hateful that I couldn't take back. It's true what they say about the tongue, it welds the same power as the sword and can slice right through a person. What they failed to mention was that the tongue can cause self inflicted injuries as well. No sooner than I spewed those word's from my mouth that a terrible gnawing feeling chewed away at my heart. My word's hurt me as well as him.

Before I shut the door on him I caught a glimpse of his face. Never had I seen this look on him. It was if his face had fell and the sadness displayed there matched the sadness in me. I knew  my word's had hit him deep and I had succeeded in what I had set out to do... Hurt him.

Knowing that he knew about the masked people yet continued to deny it hurt me so I wanted to hurt him back. I can't phantom why he won't come clean now that I know who they are. Does he not trust me? Does he really think that little of me? I would never hide something of this magnitude from him.

But this is more complicated than just lies and truths. I carried his baby for a short time for Christ Sakes. I gave myself to him along with the greatest gift a woman could give a man. These type of feelings can't just be cut off like a faucet. The entire time during my pregnancy I pined for him. Aiden was right about one thing, I did place my family over him. I never once defended him or stood by him. I allowed my family to control my life where Aiden was concerned. I denied my love for him in order to please other's but the one thing I can say is that during the time I spent with Aiden I felt what it was like to be happy. Never have I been one to normally be happy but with him I felt it and I'm not about to give it up.

Yes I know he hasn't been completely honest with me concerning the masked people but I think he will eventually open up to me on that subject. What I do know is that I miss him and I refuse to let out faults get in the way. Grabbing my packed bag I sailed through the building and into my car. I waited until I was in the plane to phone my Pape. No longer would I hide what Aiden meant to me.

"Yes baby girl" my pape answered cheerfully.

"Hi Pape. I just wanted to let you know that I'm taking a little trip".

" what? I didn't authorize a trip for you. Mizery what's going on".

In a proud manner I announced. "I'm going to spend some time with Aiden. Pape I love Aiden Marietta and if you love me you'll try to accept this. I love the family as well but I will not be forced to choose. Aiden means a lot to me and Pape when we are together he's so good to me. He can and does take care of me. Pape he makes me happy, something I'm normally not. I love you Pape and I don't want you to think less of me because of who I love. You know that I would never betray the family and Aiden wouldn't either. Please be understanding" .

I waited with a heavy heart for his reply. Finally he gave it in a stone chilled voice. "Mizery if you do not return here immediately don't expect to ever return. You will be cut from your title, your money and the family. If you go to Las Vegas to lay with the enemy then you are no better".

The line went dead and my decision weighed on me but I couldn't turn back. I couldn't leave Aiden in my past. Sure I hurt over my Pape's word's but I had to live my own life.

Maybe I wasn't meant to be a Harper Butini and just maybe I wasn't meant to be a mafia queen.

Okay guy's, I know this is a short chapter and I detest writing short chaps but in actuality it's a very long chapter but I split it up for certain reasons. I will try to upload the second part to this later tonight and if not then definitely tomorrow! Hang with me!

I've put a lot of work into this book and it hasn't been a piece of cake..lol. However it's quickly becoming my 2nd favorite next to Double Standards. One of the reasons I shaved this chapter down was due to length and to make sure I was able to get your daily update up! See, I was thinking of you guy's😘

Now give me some feedback!! What do you think will happen now? Will Mizery change her mind and go back home?

Is Cole serious and how will the others react to his decision?

Will Mizery really walk away from it all?

How will Aiden react to Mizery showing up after the heartless way she snubbed him?

Come on guy's... Let's get to talking!

As always thanks for reading, voting, commenting, shares and follows

Check me out on Instagram if you haven't already!!

Instagram:@nikki-hershell