Justice Or Betrayal

Taking a seat at the back of the plane, I plucked Charlie from his sack and laid my seat back intending to rest. My Pape or the other's had arrived yet but I knew I was in for it once they did.

Running my hand down Charlie's cool, smooth skin I found solace. Odd as it may sound, my snake was my best friend and always made me feel better. I was still suffering the blow that Aiden delivered to me. I can't believe he had the nerve to rat me out but I should've expected it. Anyone would tell on the person that was trying to kill them. However it only makes me want to kill him even more. I don't know why I would think that Aiden wouldn't tell on me. I would've told if it had been him threatening me. I guess I thought my menacing glare would fill him with fear and he'd keep his trap shut.

Barely have dozed off, I heard the other's return. Keeping my eye's closed, I thought pretending to be asleep would keep them from badgering me.... Of course I was wrong. Pape was the first to confront me. Walking over he shouted. "Open your eye's. You can't fool me baby girl".

Reluctantly, I opened my eye's but chose to stare pass his head. I knew not having direct eye contact during serious situations infuriated him. "Look at me Mizery Harper Butinio".

Rolling my eye's, I slowly looked at him with a stare laced with attitude. "Ewwww.... Girl. Now is not the time to push my buttons farther. The hell was you thinking? Wh.. Ho... Why did you disobey us and sneak along? You could have gotten yourself killed".

" well look at me living Pape. I knew what I was doing. I keep telling everyone that I'm capable of doing this".

Tossing his hands up in the air my Pape exploded. "And so is your mom, Sam and the other women but we don't allow it. You know why? Because your safety is and always will be first priority. There's only one woman who disobeyed like you do".

Pape didn't have a chance to complete his sentence because Dem did it for him. "Mommy".

" and you see how smart she was". I added.

"Doesn't matter. You are my daughter and I forbid it. Understood?"

I looked away and set my jaw firmly. "Understood?" He yelled .

"Yes". I gritted out.

" Good. Now tell us about the masked people and your accusations against the Marietta 's? "

"It's nothing. I was wrong". I said hoping they would buy it.

Demarco laughed. "Don't give us that bull Mizery. You are my sister's daughter and you look just like her when she's fucked up".

I knew there was no getting out of this so I spilled. I told them about spotting Aiden in New York when Pape got shot and about the masked people rescuing him. Then I told them my theory on Aiden's involvement and the news that Esmeralda shared. "That's it Mizery. No more of this nonsense. Pray I don't hear of any more attempts or contact between you two over this matter. Do you realize that my first instinct was to kill him when he pushed you? Had I snapped and did so imagine the war that would have begun. Don't be responsible for that".

Nodding my head grudgingly, I turned away indicating that this conversation was over. Later I saw them discussing the information I had given them and I knew that they would be having the Marietta 's watched just to be on the safe side. That kills any future plans I had for Aiden.

Once home I retired to my room without giving my Pape a second glance. I knew me being upset with him drove him insane but I didn't care. I was mad too. Seeking refuge in my tiny hole in the wall my thoughts went back to Aiden. I was still sore over the fact that he told on me but I shouldn't be. Recalling the look on his face when he discovered that I had no intentions of freeing him made me giggle. Nothing brought me more pleasure than seeing him sweat. Then a very confusing yet disturbing thought slammed into my mind and I tried to fight it. Aiden was shirtless tonight and it made me feel strange. It was hard not to take his muscular chest in and I was grateful that he was too busy trying to get loose that he didn't notice my gawking. Never had any man made me feel these uncomfortable feelings. Yes, I knew what these feelings were and I didn't like it. There's no way I like him, that's not possible. He just had an attractive body and there's nothing wrong with admiring it. Doesn't mean a thing. It's probably due to the fact that I've never been around many guy's other than family. I've never even been on a date but maybe it's time I put myself out there and try to find someone interesting.