Removal

After hanging up the phone with my brother I stared into space, my previous conversation with Aiden forgotten. All of this couldn't have happened at a worse time. My worry was already at an all time high over Mizery and now this. Could Cole have not waited until I located Mizery before he escaped? I know he will find me and come for me and there's not a thing I can do about it. Year's ago on one drunken night Cole inserted a tracker under my skin on my ass. The shit purposely got me hammered so I wouldn't realize what he was doing and to diminish the pain. So yep, there's no hiding from him unless I dig the tracker out. But right now he's just going to have to come because I'm staying rooted until I have Mizery back.

"Is everything okay? Anything I can do?" Aiden asked bringing me from my thoughts .

I guess I looked foolish to him standing here gawking at nothing in particular as my thoughts ran wild. "Umm. No. Thanks anyway. Now if there's a room readied for me I'd like to be taken to it".

" I can have one ready in ten minutes. You're welcome to use my home as you please during your stay".

Nodding, I found his hospitality awkward considering that I threatened him not even ten minutes ago. As he strolled me along the grounds toward my room I scoped the place out. "How many men normally stand guard?"

" Around twenty".

"Ohhh, that won't be enough." . I mumbled mostly to myself.

"Are you in trouble? Do you need protecting?"

Laughing I said. "No thanks."

Maybe I should have taken him up on his offer but Cole already has it in for him, no need to make it worse. That evening I joined Aiden for dinner and decided to pick his brain. "What is going on between you and my daughter?"

" Its complicated. Let's just say that I made a mistake and came clean about it. Mizery couldn't accept it and left "

"And you, being a man of the mafia business surely understands that she's at risk out here alone and unprotected. It didn't occur to you to have her followed?"

Aiden grinned. "You people believe that I'm really stupid don't you? Of course I have eye's on her. In fact I know exactly where she is and she's guarded well. Obviously once she left she called home and your husband turned her away. I had my man sweep her up to keep her somewhere safe. Yes, she now knows she's safe and hasn't been abducted. I had planned on releasing her when she could return home. Before you start in on me let me explain. Had I myself offered her help she would've turned it down considering her anger with me so I did it like this."

Aiden stood and went to stand by the window. He beckoned me over. Aiden pointed his finger to an old watch tower in the distance. "There's Repunzel. The tower is well stocked and guarded. She's safe".

Relief flooded my being and I had to bite back tears at knowing my baby was okay. "Thank you Aiden". I said softly.

Aiden looked at me strangely. "You're welcome Mrs. Butini but I get the feeling like something is bothering you. If so I might could help".

Laughing lightly, I replied. "Thanks for the offer Aiden but no one can help me. You see my husband will be here soon. You and your men are in danger and it's my fault. I actually got the nerve to leave him and now he's hunting me".

" I'm sorry Mrs. Butini. I didn't realize thing's were this bad between you two".

I shook my head sadly. "They wasn't really. Our marriage has been pretty good for the most part up until now. You see I've always had to monitor Cole closely to make sure he was taking his meds and that the meds were still working. Add Mizery into the mix and I was taking care of two with the same condition. This is no fault of their own, they can't help it and both hate living this way. Oh, I love them both so much but it's hard not having a spouse that's always there one hundred percent. All of these year's I've dedicated my life to Cole's health and I guess I lost me along the way. It's a tedious job always nursing someone and maybe I just need a break. Maybe I need to do something for me. That's why I dethroned him".

" You what? " Aiden asked shocked.

"Technically Cole oversees my share of the business and he's great at it but I'm ready to take my place. I'm ready to be more than just his babysitter, his cook and maid. I'm bored working at the resort chain and it's time I let Mizery start having more control there. Basically I told him I wanted a divorce and would be taking over. Naturally he didn't take to that well and here I am".

Aiden looked to be in deep thought. "I could hide you away somewhere" . He offered.

Once again I laughed. "It's not that simple you see. Year's ago Cole placed a tracker under my skin".

" Damn, he's serious about not losing you".

"Yes he is". I clucked.

After a moment of silence Aiden spoke. "I do have a doctor here. Perhaps he could remove it then we hide you".

Never had I considered that before. I've carried the tracker for so long it nearly felt like it was apart of me. I heard myself saying that I would do it, I'd have it removed. Aiden immediately phoned his doctor and thirty minutes later I was preparing for a minor surgery. The doctor explained every step in detail as I laid on my stomach in a paper gown with part of my bum exposed. I felt a pinch as a needle was inserted to numb the area. As the doctor begin to retrieve the tracker from underneath my skin a few tears slipped from my eye's. This tracker was so personal to me. Almost as sentimental as my wedding ring had been. It was if  inch by inch I was erasing the evidence that Cole ever owned me. This is it, this is what life will feel like without Cole, without my husband.

My childhood friend whom I grew to love beyond all measures. The teen boy who mercilessly teased me. The man who protected me with every fiber of his being was no more. Had he not of turned his back on our daughter thing's may have turned out differently. Using his condition as an excuse for every mistake he made had grown weary and I need him to conquer this once and for all. All he needs to do is take his meds and stop pretending like he did. By now I know when he isn't taking them and it's clear that he isn't.

My bum was bandaged and tender when I left the room. To my surprise Mizery was waiting in the next room and rushed into my arm's. After a long embrace she said. "Aiden has filled me in and right now I don't know what to say. So much is happening so fast. However Aiden and I have come up with a plan. Aiden is sending you off promptly and I'm staying here. When Pape comes it will be me he finds, not you".

" No, you can't ". I insisted.

" it's fine mom. Pape will never hurt me. Remember I am like him. I can fix him. ".

I didn't like this one  but it was true, Mizery knew how to handle his condition better than anyone. Before I could argue more, Aiden stated that a car was waiting for me and I must hurry. Hugging Mizery tight, I bid her goodbye.

Sorry for the late update but I've had a busy schedule over the weekend. In other news I've been spending my time working on a surprise for all of you! I hope to reveal it in the next two week's!!

How do you think Cole will react when he learns that Miri isn't there and that she had the tracker removed?

Wonder where Aiden is sending Miri?

How many reader's think that Miri will go through with the divorce?

Can Mizery save her Pape?

Until next time love's!!