SHE SAID NO

My eye's opened suddenly and I squinted as a stream of sunlight filtered into the room. A room I had never seen before. Turning my head this way and that way I tried to remember this room. Where was I and what had happened?

Nothing looked familiar or rang a bell. Then I went to sit up and discovered that I was strapped down. That's when a panicky surge roared through my body. Was I In trouble and held in captive? Where was my family and my men? Where am I at?

I tried for several minuets to work myself loose but it was useless. There was no getting out of the state of the arc bonds. Deciding that the best option right now was to lie still and save my energy for whatever unknown fate awaited me I stared blankly up to the ceiling and thought of the one person that I've always thought about... My wife.

My head felt fuzzy but I was accustomed to this feeling. This normally occurs when I've been off my meds and was slowly coming back to reality. Obviously someone here knows of my condition and are seeing that I get my meds. Which only caused me to worry more. Why was I here in this unfamiliar place and where was Miri? Had I gone to far this time and did something drastic.

For the most part when I skip my meds I can recall certain thing's I said or done but when I go for several day's I have a tendency to leave my memory behind. The last thing I remember was telling Mizery she couldn't come home and Miri interrupting my meeting and smacking me in front of everyone. Wait, if I remember right she dethroned me and threatened a divorce. After that I have no recollection of anything. Fuck, did I hurt her? Have I been sent away?

The door opened and my thoughts evaporated as I lifted my head to see who had entered. "Mizery?" I asked in confusion .

"Pape". She answered softly keeping her distance.

" Whats going on? Where am I and where is your mother? "

Stepping closer she ignored my questions. "How do you feel?"

" I'm fine. Now tell me? " I demanded.

A sad look came over her face and I had a feeling I wasn't going to like what I was about to hear. "A lot has transpired Pape. Mom came here to find me and you escaped from the facility back at home. You was coming here after her".

" where is here? " I gritted out growing annoyed at not knowing everything.

"You are at Aidens. He's helping you Pape to get better."

" I don't need nor do I want his help. Now go get your mother. I need to see her". I demanded.

Mizery shook her head slowly. "I can't do that, she's not here".

" Where the fuck is she? " I growled.

Mizery slid a chair up and sat by my bed. "We need to talk Pape".

I remained mute indicating for her to continue.

" First off Pape, I love you. No one can replace you ever. Mom loves you too but she's tired Pape. She work's so hard to keep the both of us healthy and you know that's true. However you for some reason stop taking the meds and undo all of her efforts. In return you destroy the house, go on killing rampages and get cruel with mom. Each time she cleans up your mess and runs after you to ensure that you are safe. Many time's she cries because it hurts her and she feels that she's failed you. Pape, mom is done, she's gone somewhere safe for the time being. She's tired of being your babysitter and not your wife. She is ready to live her life, the life she hasn't been able to live because she's constantly taking care of you and you don't care enough to help her take care of you. I'm sorry for being so harsh but you need to open your eye's... You've lost her".