Redemption

"Mizery, I have to go now. I've been away from my work too long and I have something that needs to be taken care of".

I saw what seemed to be sadness fill her eye's and it made me want to stay that much more. I didn't want to leave but I've been away over a month now. Plus I really needed to handle Hazel. Given all that Mizery went through I must say she is doing well, almost back to norm but still hasn't recollected her memories and maybe that's for the best. I'd hate to know what that sick bastard did to her and with her mental illness those memories might not help. So yes, it's all for the best.

I'd like to think that Mizery has forgiven me somewhat for all the pain that I caused her but she's always been a hard book to read. Yes, we have spent a lot of time together during her recovery but neither of us has spoken about the past nor the future. I guess only time will tell.

Currently she has a lot to contend with. Mizery is now owner and Queen of Seam's Empire. As of yet she hasn't decided what to do with it. Her father has sent several of his trusted men to Ireland to disect his business to see just what he's worth and how much power he wields.

"It's fine Aiden. I understand. You need to get back to work. I'll be okay". Mizery spoke softly interrupting my thoughts.

" I know but I hate leaving. I'll call everyday and visit as soon as I catch a break".

Mizery nodded. "Don't feel bad. You have to get back. Trust me, I understand" .

There was one important question I needed to ask her before I left. No way could I leave and keep wondering. "Mizery, I know the timing sucks but where do you see is going from here?"

Mizery shrugged her shoulders. "It's hard to say right now. I mean I'm very thankful for all that you've done for me and I'm thrilled that my family no longer sees you as an enemy. I'm afraid that the only answer I can give you right now is time will tell. What will be will be".

Even though that wasn't what I wanted to hear I accepted it. Leaning down, I placed a kiss to her forehead and stroked her hair before walking out.

As soon as I walked through the door to my home I was bombarded by my men. Everyone was talking at once filling me in on all that has happened during my absence. No need to retire to my room to rest, instead I headed straight for my office. Before I could take a seat behind my desk, I was shoved tower's of papers to look over, messages to see to and the phone was already ringing. It was well after midnight before I decided to turn in. However i hadn't even put a dent in the paperwork.

I stood up and gave myself a good stretch but just as I was about to switch my lamp off a sudden thought struck me.... Hazel. I had been so swamped since I had arrived I hadn't even have her a thought. Plopping back down in my chair, I pulled up a list of trusted medical contacts. After a brief phone conversation I had someone coming in the morning to examine Hazel. If she has been lying her as well as the doctor has seen their last day's. Finally i ambled on to bed but still didn't get any rest. My mind was on Mizery.

My morning started off rough and no amount of coffee could save me. Just like clock the physician I spoke with last night was announced. After a quick conversation I ordered my men to bring Hazel to me. She came walking in dressed in her finest and just as I suspected her stomach was still flat as a board. "Oh Aiden. I'm so glad you're back. I was worried" .

Brushing her fake politeness off, I gestured toward the doctor. "This is Dr. Flanagon. He will be giving you an exam very soon".

Hazel's face looked stricken and she begin to speak fastly. "I refuse to allow a strange doctor to look over me. I already have a doctor whom I'm comfortable with and knows my medical history".

" I'm afraid you don't have a choice in this matter unless you come clean now".

Hazel looked to the doctor as if she were asking for help. "Okay, fine, I lied but only because I was scared and didn't want to lose you to that girl you care so much for".

Looking at the doctor I spoke. "You may be excused. You will still be rewarded for your time".

The doctor made his exit and I turned my cold stare to Hazel. "I'm sorry Aiden. I just love you so much and I did something stupid to try and keep you".

Shaking my head, I laughed. "No, you don't love me. You never did. It was all about power and control."

" No, your wrong. I do love you. I always have. I'm better for you, what you need. That Harper girl is bonifide crazy. She can't give you what I can. She'll destroy you. She'll eventually kill you and your family. Their all greedy and will take what is yours. Please, let me show you how much I love you Aiden".

Giving Hazel a long look, I shrugged my shoulders. "You can try to convince me".

Slowly Hazel made her way toward me and I could see the glimmer of hope in her eye's. Bringing her arm's up, she placed them around my neck. "I love you Aiden. Believe me".

As she was moving in to steal a kiss, I was removing my gun from my waistband. Jamming the barrel to her temple I hissed. "You make me sick and was the worst mistake I have ever made. Goodbye bitch".

The gun exploded taking Hazel down. My men barged in ready to protect me. They paused when they spotted Hazel's body lying in a puddle of blood on my office floor. "Get rid of her and have the carpet replaced pronto".

I watched as they hefted Hazel's lifeless body up and carried her out. Grabbing up my paperwork I decided to finish up out by my pool. I was oblivious to the hours that passed as I grueled over my work, made phone calls and scheduled meetings. The sun had just begun descending when I felt a light touch on my shoulder. Turning to look up I was utterly surprised. There stood Mizery holding a plate filled with sandwiches and cookies. Smiling, I stood up and asked excitedly. "What are you doing here?"

Mizery shrugged shyly. "I've been here for a few hour's. I seen that you was working so I didn't want to interrupt. I figured you might need something to eat".

" You can interrupt me anytime ".

I was wondering if there was a problem or something. Mizery's visit was a shock and I didn't understand why she was here. "Is something wrong? Is everything okay?"

Mizery nodded nervously. "Yea, everything is good. You just forgot something when You left".

Scrunching my eyebrows I asked. "I did? What?"

" Me". Mizery whispered ever so gently.

My heart froze at hearing those word's. I half smiled, half laughed. I was at a loss for word's so I said the only thing that came to mind, the one thing I always said to her. "Well, you look like shit".

A slow smile spread across her face and soon we were both laughing. Mizery went to playfully punch my arm but I reacted quickly and pulled her to me. "So are you here to stay?"

Mizery nodded.

"For how long?"

There was a long pause before she answered. "Permentaly".

" Thats what I wanted to hear".

"I love you Aiden". She whispered.

" I love you too wildflower ". I said as our lips finally connected.

Pulling away, Mizery spoke. "By the way, Charlie is relaxing in your bathtub" .

Grimacing, I groaned. "So this is a package deal?"

" absolutely ".

" well I guess I can learn to like him but we need to place him in his own room. Deal? "

Pretending to think it over Mizery finally agreed. "I can agree to that".

Laughing I swooped her up and carried her to a spare bedroom. No way was I stepping into my room with that snake so near by. "I was your first kiss and I'm going to make sure I'm your last.... Last everything" .

Slowly we begin that descent into wonderland as our bodies explored each other as if we were stranger's. This was right.

This was whole.

This was my Queen.