Stone Cold

Hello love's! Either before or after reading please view the above video. Love, love, love this song and so fitting for this chapter!

Okay I'll warn you now..... Get the tissues!

Upon returning Hazel was sent to the medical facility to be doctored up then placed in the pit where she would spend what was left of her life. Excusing myself from the family, I retreated to my room. I was still reeling from not just completing my first mission but conquering it. I needed some down time to control my emotions.

Within a few hours I rejoined my family back at the Den. As I walked in I asked. "So what's the word?"

My Pape was the one to fill me in. "As of right now the body count is around one twenty. That means that just about every family has been eliminated. We lost twenty-four of our own men. You're mother is already making funeral arrangements and compensating the families. The men say it will be at least twenty-four hour's before clean up is complete. They will be bringing the one's who did survive and aren't in too bad of shape for questioning then death".

I nodded my understanding and took a seat. It was then that I noticed that my grandfather wasn't present. "Where is Gpop?"

" He went to visit mom at the gravesite. This mission was hard on him". Camaro supplied.

Before I could respond the door was slung open with enough force to bang into the wall. In marched King and he looked none too happy. "What have you done and why wasn't I made aware of this mission?" He roared.

" We eliminated the one's responsible and we didn't let you know because we wanted to keep this a secret. You're a bit too friendly with the Maritta's". Demarco replied calmly.

"Do you know what this will cause?" King cursed.

" Not a damn thing. It's done. The Marritta's were given a fair warning before the attack took place". Dem chuckled.

"I'm assuming that you aren't aware that Aiden Marietta perished in the fire" . King seethed.

"He was given the opportunity to leave. He chose to stay". Demarco snarled back.

" you're all fucking idiots. Do you not realize what this means? Severo will not rest until we are all dead. I can't even return to Las Vegas to maintain my business. Fuck, I'm practically neighbors with him. Not to mention he still has the majority of control over my share. You royally screwed this one up and where is Hazel? ". King boomed.

It was my turn to speak up. "We have her and she is alive for now".

" Maybe we can reason with Severo then. We release Hazel over and call a truce ". King stated.

Slamming my fist upon the table I rose. "We are Harper's. We do not negotiate. We didn't kill Aiden, Hazel did. She refused to leave and Aiden got caught up therefore it is her fault."

King looked at me with narrowed eye's. "Any of you could have pulled him to safety. Instead you listened to a girl that was hell bent on revenge over a broken heart. You are incapable of taking charge, leading".

" Go to hell king. You haven't been apart of this family since this all started. In fact I'm appalled that you seem so upset over all of this". I spat.

"You just don't get it do you? You threw the first gauntlet in this war. Not only that, you have potentially cost me my share. After this Severo will never release it into my hands without a fight. You just keep destroying alliance's. You know what? I'm out. I will have no part in this war you waged". King growled before storming from the room.

No sooner than the door slammed shut the phone buzzed. "It's Marritta" Sire announced.

Demarco nodded. "Answer and place it on speaker" .

"Hello Marritta". Demarco answered a little too happy.

"This isn't a warning or threat, this is a promise.  I want you all to know that I'm coming for you and I will not stop until you are six feet under". Severo growled.

"Good evening to you too" . Demarco chuckled.

"You murdered my son yet you laugh. You won't be laughing soon". Severo warned.

" Take your warnings, threats and promises and stick them up your ass Marietta. Aiden was aware of the attack yet chose to stay. His death is of his own fault. However we do have Hazel. What do you say we hand her over and call it even? " Demarco suggested.

There was a short pause before Severo spoke. "Give me Hazel Along with Mizery and we have a deal. Eye for an eye so to speak".

And this is the part where my Pape butted in. "I'll be on your doorstep by tonight. First I will gut your wife then you. No one threatens what is mine you little bitch".

" I take that as there will not be a deal? Good. I'd rather see you all die than just one of you". Severo hissed.

"We will be looking forward to it. This call is over". Demarco said then disconnected.

After several minutes of discussing this new turn of event's,  I left for my room. As soon as I shut my door, I fell upon my knees and released a heart wrenching sob. What had I done? How could I have went so far as to kill Aiden? I killed my one and only love. I didn't mean to but my voices were playing a huge part in everything that day.

Placing my face into my hands, I cried until my body shook with sobs. "I'm so sorry Aiden. So, so sorry. I didn't mean to. Please come back, please" .

Image's of his sweet smile filled my mind along with memories we had made during our short time together. The way his eye's looked into mine the night I first gave myself to him. They shown nothing but love, pure love but I was so blinded. Never had anyone loved me like he did and never would they. Aiden loved me for me but my stupid voices kept me from seeing it. Yes, it hurt knowing he left me, married another but I never meant to murder him.

Thoughts of the time I spent with him in his secret cabin flooded my mind. He was the first person that I ever opened up to. The way he cared and listened without judgement made me feel special. No one else ever made me feel that way, no one ever would.

Placing my hand on my stomach I recalled what it felt like carrying the baby he gave me. A baby that we never got the chance to meet, to hold. If the baby had survived would it had forgiven me for killing his father? One thing is certain, I'll never forgive myself. I wish I could turn back time and fix this. I would've pulled him from that fire and made sure he was safe.

As I cried my voices became stronger, taking over. They kept repeating "murderer. Aiden loved you when no one else would. You killed the man that loved you".

Aiden.

I killed him. His face was everywhere I looked. His voice called my name over and over. His eye's looked at me in betrayal. The word murderer kept flashing across his face in blood red. I was haunted. Haunted by my own guilt and regret. No one would ever love me again, not the way he did. In fact, I'll never love again. He was my one but now it's too late. I killed him.

Running from my room, I found my parent's and begin to scream. "I killed him Pape. I killed the man I loved. I deserve to die. Please, I beg you, kill me. Hand me over to Severo. I deserve to feel the pain he will inflict. I need to feel pain. I don't want to live anymore".

I begin to claw at my arm's and face. Pape tried to restrain my hands to keep me from harming myself. "I killed him". I wailed.

This went on for quite awhile. The voices drowning out everything. The last thing I remember was the doctor rushing in and a needle being stabbed into my arm. As I was drifting into oblivion I heard the doctor tell my parent's. "This was a bad one. She needs to be placed into an institution until this passes. If you don't, I fear the outcome" .

As my eye's closed I smiled. Aiden was there waiting on me. I was dead.

I was dead and the only thing that survived were the voices.