Breathless

They say doors close for a reason. At the time you may not understand it, hell you may not even want it to close but it's beyond your control. At the time you may not realize it but maybe that door closing is your new beginning, your fresh start. I'm not say it won't hurt... God it hurts like hell but each day it gets a little better.

Every step you take in the opposite direction is growth but most importantly when that old door closes twenty more new doors open up. Always remember there is a light at the end of every dark tunnel. It took me a long time to acknowledge that, probably too long but I finally did and when I did, I was unstoppable. I'm not saying those old memories won't cross your mind because they will but now you can recall them with a little less hurt or anguish. However, I never look back because I'm not going that way. The past will stay in the past as it should. I learned from it, I grew from it and I nearly let it destroy me but in the end I walked away shining, but there is one thing I can't deny and that is no matter what Aiden Marietta will always hold a portion of my heart....

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

Hanging up the phone the men supplied me with I laughed. Needless to say my Pape was still hell bent on jerking a knot in the Marritta's ass. However upon negotiating with my Pape and making him swear he wouldn't show himself when he arrived the swap was taking place.

Looking at the men, I refused to say his name. I simply stated. "Tell the head of this shit show that arrangements have been made. My family will meet with them at mile post 17, two a.m. Sharp.  That's midway in the dessert. Yes, they can bring some men so my family won't seem so threatening. I am to be present and unharmed. The wifey will be with them. Tell him not to screw this up".

The men nodded and left me to my own thoughts which in most cases wasn't a good thing. An hour later there was a soft knock on the door. "Enter". I called without getting up from my lying position on the bed.

An older lady wearing a smock came in cautiously. Judging by her uniform I figured she was the help. Placing a bowl of fresh fruit and a sandwich on the dresser she spoke nervously. "Mr. Aiden had this sent to you."

Shrugging my shoulders she laid one lone pill beside of the food. "He also recommends that you take this to keep you nice".

Huh... Nice. So that's what he's calling my condition these day's. Eyeing the familiar pill I grunted but swallowed it anyways. My mind needs to be steady just in case this swap goes bad. What irritated me was that obviously this was Aiden's plan had I not chose to cooperate. He was going to keep me medicated to ensure I stayed sane. The bastard was prepared after all to handle me. Reminded me of my parent's struggle over the meds and I didn't like it. I didn't like knowing that Aiden was trying to care for me.

All too soon the time came. An hour before the scheduled meeting  I was ushered from my room and stuffed into a series of trucks. No doubt these trucks were loaded down with Marietta men. As we pulled up at the designated location I saw my family and our men. Leaving me in the truck guarded, I saw my first glimpse of Aiden and his father. They walked halfway toward my family before stopping. "Where is my wife?" Aiden demanded to know .

"I think the most important question here is where is my daughter?" My Pape growled.

" let me see proof of my wife first". Aiden snarled back.

Demarco nodded his head once signaling the men to bring Hazel forth. On trembling legs, Hazel was escorted out of a van. She was near hysterical and still cuffed. As she caught sight of Aiden a sob ripped from her. "Aiden". She wailed.

My Pape jerked her roughly to him causing her to whelp as if he had broken her arm. "Where is Mizery". He stated placing a gun to Hazel's head.

Aiden gave the signal to his men and just as roughly I was removed from the vehicle. Unlike Hazel though, I stood proud and unphased. I was brought to Aiden's side. Cutting my eye's toward him I lowly hissed. "So much as touch me and you will take your last breath right here".

Taking my warning seriously he didn't lay a finger on me. "In the count of three we will release both women." .

My Pape grinned wisely and yelled. "Three".

" Fuck". Aiden grumbled and slowly nudged me forward.

At this moment Hazel was released as well. She took off running in a rush of sobs and calling Aiden's name. Me on the other hand took my time reaching my family. As Hazel ran by me we locked eye's for a fraction of a second. "Dead". I mouthed at her which only caused her to wail louder.

Once I reached my family they quickly stripped the ties from my hands and my Pape inspected me for any signs of abuse before pulling me to him. Over his shoulder I saw Aiden with Hazel in his arm's consoling her and I felt a stab in my heart. Breaking my Pape's embrace I said. "Let's get out of here".

Pape nodded then called out to the Marritta's. "As of now there will never be any form of communication between our families. No alliances nor any war's. We simply go our separate ways and let it be".

" Agreed". Severo stated.

Then surprising is all Demarco spoke up. "As soon as we return I'll be sending you a fax. You are to sign my brother Kings business over to him completely. This will sever any and all ties to each other. Also I want in writing than when my brother returns to Vegas to rule what is his you will in no shape or form interfere".

Severo nodded and turned to go indicating that this odd meeting was over. Pape tugged on my arm urging me to turn and go. As I begin to turn I glanced up and saw Aiden watching me. My mouth opened but I had no word's. Instead it felt as if my air had lodged in my throat. Our eye's stayed locked on each other and he was eventually the one to break contact. Placing his arm around Hazel, he turned and disappeared into one of the trucks.... And my heart disappeared all together.

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

It's been week's possibly longer since the swap and I'm beginning to crawl out of my shell of heartbreak. I've since took back up with my organization for the mentally ill and resumed my queen status in the business.

Just as promised Severo signed off on Kings share and we haven't heard a peep from any of them nor do I try to find out anything. It irks me to no end that Hazel is still alive knowing her role in my grandparents demise but there's nothing any of us can do about it. Our hands are tied. To harm her would be breaking our treaty with the Marritta's and the bitch knows that. As long as she's tucked under Aiden's wing she's safe from us.

Letting go of Aiden and coming to terms with the fact that he really didn't want me anymore was harsh but sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles. I'm not sure if I'll ever put myself back out there again but we will see. One thing's for certain, I'll never be as vulnerable as I was with Aiden. No one will ever know my deepest fears or the dark corners of my mind like he does. No one will ever get the chance to know the raw, uncut Mizery again.

Sometimes I think back and smile. All those year's Aiden chased me and annoyed me to no end. Never would I give him a second thought back in those day's. I was mean to him and swore he had something to do with my grandparents falling. In fact I nearly killed him a few time's but in the end he won me. I'm still not sure how it happened or why but just for a little bit I was his and he mine. But in the end he was the one that did me in. I always assumed it would be me that broke his heart but I was so wrong. He made mine stop beating for awhile now.

Now my entire outlook on life was different. I wore my crown with pride and expertise. I'm still dark, dismal Mizery at times but mostly I'm a new queen. My entire self image has changed and I now enter rooms with a halo of confidence and determination. My style is impeccable and my heels as high as my standards. My new meds work wonders and I'm the best I have ever been. In fact my name is beginning to circulate through the throng of our world. Other leaders respect me or fear me and before I knew it, it happened.

There was a dinner event that night and the cream of the crop would be attending. Yes, it posed as a huge charity event but the reality of it was that the hot, hidden topics would be guns, drugs, land and everything that dots this dark world. My plan was to stamp my name on a huge deal. The weapons were rare and nearly priceless and I wanted them. As I was getting ready to stand to go make my offer that's when I saw him. He held me with his eye's and wore that look that men wear when they see something they want.

He shot me that playboy grin and in return I dropped all of my inhibitions and have him a crimson smile back. What do you know, Mizery might just want to play.