Worn Out Welcome

"Have you got her?" I asked as soon as the phone was answered.

" Yea, she's in the trunk. Put up one hell of a fight though ".

I laughed in disbelief. "You put her in the trunk?"

" Hey, she's too rowdy to put inside the car with me. I can't drive and babysit to".

I smiled as I visualized Mizery fighting Jax and how pissed she would be at having been stowed in the trunk of a car. "You do have her meds, right?"

" Yes, you made sure if that".

"Good, good. Make sure you take care of her and that she gets her medicine on time. Whatever you do don't let her know that I'm involved in this. If you think she's mad now wait until she figures out  that I conspired this".

" Hey, you're doing this to keep her safe until Cole allows her to return".

"True, but she'll never see it that way. Trust me, Mizery believes what she wants to believe".

Jax chuckled. "Sounds like a Harper woman to me".

" No wonder the Harper men are half crazy. The supplies have been delivered to the watch tower and my men have made it as liveable as they could. They will be close by in case something occurs. Whatever you do don't let Mizery know that she is on my land and my home only a few minutes away. She'd go apeshit. Might be best just to keep her tied up".

"Trust me, I know exactly how sneaky these women are. After all its how I became a part of them. Fucking Laney tricked me into being a bad cop and holds the proof over my head". Jax said in annoyance.

"Smart". I said and soon disconnected.

It wasn't long after my conversation with Jax that my phone rang. Hesitant to answer because it was an unidentified number I went against my better judgement and did. Shock at hearing Mirimoso Harper's voice in the other end was an understatement. Normally she never had much to say to me. Of course I played coy and didn't reveal that I didn't know that Miz hadn't returned home. I acted as if this was news to me even though I knew that Mizery was safe and sound. However Miri's threats didn't go unnoticed. I guess it could look like there was some foul play here on my part. Assuming that this could and probably would lead to some form of altercation I phoned Jax back to inform him.

" I need you to convince Miz to call her mother and let her know she's fine. Miri just called snooping around and assumes I whacked her daughter. Need to stop this before it gets out of hand".

"Gotcha there Aiden. Their a crazy bunch. I'll see what I can do".

Thanking him, I tried to refocus back on my work but Mizery was taking up too much of my mind to concentrate. Staring into space, I methodically clicked my pen open and closed finding the sound rather relaxing. Many time's I've thought to myself was it all worth it. Was it worth loving someone who's mind was unbalanced? Who's temper matched that of a Tasmanian devil and when confronted with thing's always chose to run? And every single time I came up with the same answer.... Yes. Yes it was worth it.

There's was something even bigger this time nagging away at me though. I witnessed something no one else has ever witnessed. I saw Mizery cry for the first time. What made it worse was that I was the cause of those tears. If only she'd understand and allow me to make it up to her but this is a complicated situation. A situation that makes me loathe the masked one's. Yes, I know this is all to save my family as well as the Harper's but it's causing hurt, distrust and family chaos. How can we possibly merge when thing's are in such turmoil? I'm expecting the masked one's soon to discuss a few options but I also have an idea myself to throw out there. Regardless of they like it or not I think it could work.