Untrust The Truth

By the time I managed to pull myself together I had no idea what time it was or just how long I sat there in despair. This was all so very new to me, all these feelings flooding in. Emotions I've never felt before. A new form of Hell that I never knew existed.

At first my normally hard heart was fine but as I listened to Aidens word's and begin to speculate on the how's and why's of our relationship it was if a bubble filled with water popped inside of me and I couldn't control it. I cried for playing the fool to Aidens game. I cried for turning my back on the family and my Papes word's. I cried for the baby that I would never hold, the baby that was conceived out of lies and plots. I cried for my lost grandparents and what was to become of the empire if what Aiden claims is going on actual takes place. But mostly I cried over the tiny amount of happiness that I recently felt and feared I'd never feel again.

My eye's burned and my nose was raw but I was done. Never would I allow another tear to be spent on any of this. What's done is done and my mind is set in stone. Lifting up my chin, I walked over to the snack bar and purchased a bag of sour patch kid's along with a soda and took a seat to think out my next moves. Yes, I may have fallen but best believe I'll get back up even stronger and wiser.

My cash was limited but I did hold a few credit card's if Pape hadn't already cancelled them. First thing first, draw the money off of them then buy a plane ticket to Italy. There I'm sure to find a decent job considering my education and support myself. Then I'll begin my research on these smaller organizations that vow to take us down. Even if I have to do it alone, I'll put a stop to it. I may no longer have the family backing me but one thing is certain... I don't need anyone.

I'm powerful in my own right, I'm strong and smart. With or without the family I'm still a Harper/Butini. It's in my blood to survive, we know no other way.

After purchasing my ticket, I stepped out for some fresh air. Stepping to the side of the building I rested my back against the cool bricks and mentally said my goodbyes to everyone and America. Deep in my thoughts I never seen the person coming until it was too late. A gloved hand clamped over my mouth and drug me back into the shadows against my attempts to fight. Smashing the heel of my shoe into my attacker's shin, I heard them grunt but it wasn't enough to stop them. Looking over my shoulder to try and identify this person I discovered that they was wearing a black ski mask. Never did they utter a word so at least I may recognize the voice. In a rush, I was pulled toward a car with the trunk waiting open. Obviously they had thought this through. Still fighting I wheezed out. "You may or may not know who I am but I'll only warn you once. When I get free, and I will get free I will kill you but not quickly. Your last meal will consist of your testicles" .

It was quite the struggle getting me into the trunk and securing twist ties around my wrists. As the trunk slammed shut and the car pulled away I focused on every sound and tried to count every turn. However the ride was short and we soon came to a stop and the engine killed. I heard the door open and the sound of feet crunching on loose gravel. My assailant opened the trunk scooping me out. Instead of fighting right now I took this opportunity to identify my surroundings. We were off in the desert but not to far because the glow of the city lights could still be seen. A tall, narrow building stood before us and it looked to be a abandoned watch tower of sorts. This gave me the inclination that perhaps we were on hiking trails or a wildlife preserve. Obviously there was no prison nearby unless it had been demolished.

A set of rickety, metal stairs led the way to the top and I could hear them whine underneath the pressure of our weight. Making it to the top, my attacker slid open a flimsy wooden door that opened to a makeshift one room living space. There was a mattress on the floor in one corner, an electric stove and bucket for cleaning water along with a mini fridge. A small, round wooden table sat in the middle adorned with two metal fold up chairs. The place was clean and well stocked which informed me that this was possibly someone's hideout.