Two Can Play

Sitting at my desk in my home office a smile touched my lips as I viewed Mizery's recent speech for the umpteenth time. Word's couldn't describe how proud I and Cole both were of her accomplishments, healing and betterment. One thing's certain, Mizery will be a strong leader.

Yawning, I stretched my arm's over my head and eyed the antique clock that sat upon the mantle. Half after midnight and Cole still hasn't returned home. Jewell stated the night with Demy and Mizery is with my Pape. Not that it bothered me being home alone but the house seemed so quiet.

Taking a sip from my now room temperature coffee I did something I vowed I wouldn't do, I searched this Veronica. It's really not my business and for the love of me I try not to let it bother me but easier said than done.

Glancing at her profile I tried to find something wrong, any type of flaw but to my agitation there wasn't any. Well I guess I could soothe my soul by making a few up. I mean her forehead is slightly huge and her nose is a tad crooked. Oh who am I kidding, she's okay. I couldn't make myself even think of the word beautiful. "What ya doing?"

Jumping out of my skin, I looked up and saw Cole standing in the center of my office. "Fuck Cole. Did you have to sneak up on me like that?" I spat as I raced to click off her profile and delete my history .

In my haste to not be found out, I knocked my mug of coffee over. "Shit, just shit". I berated myself.

Cole snickered as he approached attempting to help me clean the spill. Arching his brows at me he asked. "Why do jumpy?"

" I'm not. You just startled me, that's all".

Giving me a knowing look he started his digging. "If I didn't know any better I would think that perhaps I caught you doing something you shouldn't have been. Maybe snooping?"

" Snooping what exactly? I have no need to snoop a damn thing".

Crossing his arm's over his chest, he leaned against my desk. "You was snooping Mirimosa. There's no fooling me. You jumped like you sat on a tack. You was snooping or either watching porn".

Tossing my hands up I stated sarcastically. "There. You got me. I was watching porn. Tons of porn. It's my big secret and by judging what I just viewed, you really need to step your bedroom game up".

He released a pissy chuckle. "You and I both know that there's nothing wrong with my bedroom game. Last time I recall you was begging me to do that special little thing to your..."

" Shut up Cole". I screeched feeling my lower areas heat up at remembering our last time.

Laughing at his accomplishment, he continued. "You was snooping. You was caught. Now you're mad. Goodnight baby girl". He sung as he exited.

Making sure he was good and gone I clicked my screen back on and was greeted by Veronica's smiling mug. Groaning, I erased the history and sat in thought. Here I was sitting alone at home on a Friday night, well Saturday morning now. My hair was piled into a tangled mess atop my head, my glasses were perched on my nose in true librarian style and faded, flannel pajamas draped my body. My sex appeal had flew out the window along with my ability to capture Cole's eye. Never had I ever felt down on myself as I did at this moment. I mean I knew I still had it, I just failed to use it. My day's were swamped with running two businesses, My mom's company and honoring my title. Most mornings I slip into less than flattering business attire, pull my hair back, apply light makeup or go natural. I'm not saying that I've let myself go, because I haven't. I just don't spend as much time putting myself together anymore.

Stopping by the hall bathroom on my way to bed I took a long moment to look at myself. Scrunching my nose up, I stuck my tongue out at my reflection and flipped the light off. I awoke the next morning still in a sour mood. Trotting to the kitchen in my now wrinkle pajamas, morning breath and frizzy hair I opened the fridge to grab some juice. Not bothering to get a glass, I twisted the top off and begun to chug. As luck would have it Cole chose this exact moment to round the corner. "Look at you. You forbid me for my entire life to not drink from the container and here you are. What a hypocrite" .