The Truth Set Him Free

The door to my office opened up and I looked up in irritation. My men know never to barge in without knocking first. Rolling my eye's I thought what in the world did I do to deserve this but I knew the masked people would be visiting soon. I'm just surprised it took them this long. "I know your two think you're above rules but please, the next time you come announce yourselves. Don't just waltz into my office".

Removing their masks the lady looked at the man and asked him in a sarcastic tone. "Did I waltz in? I was pretty certain that I stormed in considering this dumb fuck has screwed up again".

The man laughed and shook his head. "It doesn't matter. We are here now. Waltz or stormed, we are here".

She turned her glare on me. "That's right, I'm here now and you've got some explaining to do. How could you be so stupid as to get her pregnant?"

Grinning I said smartassy. "Well thing's were just so heated I didn't take the time. It wasn't my intentions" .

Knowing my reply struck a chord with them I smiled. "I'm beginning to think you aren't the man for the job."

Becoming annoyed I spat. "Because I'm not. Mizery made that clear last we spoke. There will never be a joining of the families unless you find another sucker or devise another piece of shit plan. Besides don't blame this on me. This is your fault. Had you not of revealed yourself to Mizery that night we would probably be okay but no, you just screwed your own plan up. She's accusing me of knowing about you and I won't give anything away so now I'm the enemy once again".

The lady crossed her arm's. "Well didn't you say at our last meeting that you wasn't going to follow through with our wishes? If that's true why do you keep in touch with her?"

I gestured with my hands that I didn't know. "Because you love her". She concluded.

Trying to get off subject, I said coldly. "Its not going to happen. Kindly remove me from any other plots. Take it up with my father from here on out".

"I'll do just that". She said rising up.

Just before they left she looked at the man. "Hmmmm.... There is Severo's cousin. I bet he could get Mizery to love him".

" Get out". I growled.

The bitch laughed as they exited. From there my day only got worse. A important deal fell through and I lost a small fortune over it. I was about to call it a day when there was a knock on my door. Hesitating to answer I thought I'd better. "Enter".

Russel, my head of security here filtered in. "Sir you have a visitor at the front door".

" and who might it be? I inquired.

"Sir, I think you should see for yourself" .

"And why is that? Nevermind the game's. I'll be down in a few".

As the door shut, I groaned and raked a hand through my hair. Standing up I decided to get this over with so I could relax with an ice cold beer and maybe a stripper from one of our casino's. Fastly going down the stairs I made my way to the main door where a few of my men stood by waiting. Not understanding why they couldn't handle this I lurched the door open with a rough tug. Nothing in the world could have prepared me for what I saw on the other side of the door. None other than Mizery stood there with her sick smile and extending a pack of sour patch kid's to me. Instantly I knew she came to argue or fight. Slamming the door shut in her punch worthy face, I clicked the locks then turned to my men. "What the fuck gentlemen? Just what the fuck?"

On the other side of the door Mizery began to ring the doorbell persistently as one of my men spoke up in a dumb manner. "We asked her to leave but she refused. We didn't know what else to do boss".