King Of Kings

Hello my lovely reader's!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying Mizery's twisted tale! Now it's time to start getting to the nitty gritty in the Harper book's so please pay close attention to the upcoming chapter's to avoid confusion. If you do have any questions please feel free to ask!

Pictured above is King Harper. (I think he wants a spanking😜😍☺) Let me behave now..lol. Beginning in this chapter you will get a glimpse into his life and thoughts. This is still Mizery and Aiden's story but this part is very important for the storyline. Mizery, King and Aiden will have a lot of connections due to the train that is getting ready to hit you reader's!!

With that said I do believe this book and possibly King's is going to make each of you fall deep into your emotions. You're about to experience the Harper's as you never have before. You're going to cry.... And cry some more. Your heart is going to break. You're going to be angry at time's. But you are going to still laugh and have those heartwarming moment's as well. You may even decide to stop reading and that's okay but I do promise the end reward will be so well worth it.

Another quick note. I've had several complaints that many reader's aren't getting my updates. I'm going to assume that it's a wattpad error or something. Be sure to double check for updates!!

Thank you all for the continued support, votes, comments and mainly for making me feel like my work is something, is important and not for nothing or a waste of my time! You'll never know how it brightens my day receiving comments or messages saying that my update made your day, how you love my character's so.... But th reality is that it's you and your love for my work\characters that make my day! Much love!

Buckle up buttercups.... The ride starts here!

~~~~~~~∆~~~~~~~~~~∆~~~~~~~~~~∆~~~~~~~~∆~~~~~~~~~~∆~~~~~~~~∆

It was late that night before I arrived at my home in the desert. My body was sore and beaten and all I wanted was a stiff drink. Not bothering to shower or even turn my lights on for that matter,I trudged tiredly to my bar. Gripping the liqueur bottle around its neck, I unplugged the cork and tossed upon the counter. I didn't need a glass for what was about to come. Falling haphazardly in my comfy leather chair, I took a rather generous swallow and welcomed the burn.

Taking my second gulp the lamp in the corner came to life. Instantly I pulled my gun ready to shoot. "Whoa man, relax. It's just me". I heard King say.

" you mean another Harper? I think I've had my fill for them for a fucking lifetime ". I snarled.

" Yea, I've already heard about the run in. Man you should've known better to even look at Mizery. What was you thinking? " King asked in a condescending tone.

Blowing out a breath of frustration I rubbed my hand down my weary face. "I think I love her. Fuck, I don't know. Maybe I was thinking with my dick. Maybe I was thinking that her father or the other's aren't as vicious as everyone claims. Maybe I wasn't fucking thinking. There's just so much going on that no one knows about, that I can't tell. So much is on my shoulders, expected of me and today proved that I can't do it, that I failed".

King looked at me quizzical. "What are you talking about?"

Taking another gulp, I released another breath. "Nothing man nothing. My head is just so fucked right now." .

Silence followed and I let my mind wander to Mizery. In a low voice I spoke. "Mizery had an episode in front of me. I didn't know what to do, how to help."

King took a seat across from me and took on a serious tone. "I'm guessing it wasn't what you assumed it would be?"

I remained quiet not answering so King continued. "I love my niece to death but it's going to take a special type of man to take her own. I know her condition can't be helped but can be controlled with the aid of medicine, however the older she gets the worse it will become. Trust me, I've watched my sister Miri go through hell for Cole and keeping his head on straight is a daily task for her. Not to mention she has Mizery to contend with as well. My sister deserves an award for what she has to deal with. Cole has been Mizery's constant, her support beam and given the fact that they both suffer with this he knows how to help her. I'm not saying this to run you off because our families shouldn't mix, I'm saying this as a friend. It's probably best if you set your sights off of Mizery. Not only will you be asking for trouble, but you'll be signing up for a life of illness. Also your future children could suffer from the same disorder. Take Cole's warning as a favor and run. Run away from Mizery".

I thought King's word's over for several minutes before I opened my mouth. "Maybe the problem is no one's ever have her a chance to be normal. She's always been told that she was different, sick. The family has smothered her not allowing her to try to live a normal life. Mizery opened up to me during our time together and even though the family has always pampered her the girl is lonely. She feels nothing inside, worthless and unwanted. I'm good for her, I know it. She laughed with me, acted like an entire different person up until her meds ran out. For the first time she was happy, alive and not so damn aggressive. Take this how you want to and tell the other Harper's as well.... I won't give up on Mizery. I am Mizery's company" .

King clasped his hands together. "I'm not going to fight you over Mizery, it's not my war. However her father will stop at nothing to keep you away. In his mind he's the only one that can take care of her. He'll also die before he sees her with a Marietta. I must admit that it's amazing that Mizery opened up to you. Normally you can't get a word out of her. My only fear is that you change your mind later down the road because you discover that you can't handle her sickness. Then I will step in because I refuse to have her hurt, her mind couldn't handle it."

Becoming irritated I said. "See, that's the problem right there. Maybe she needs to get hurt, to feel... Fuck , to cry. The girl claims she's never shed a tear. She's so scared to show weakness in her families eye's. She already feels less of a person the last thing she wants to do is disappoint. See, Mizery may never admit that but I know her far too well. I know her on a different level than the family, I know her intimately and I'm not speaking sexually. There's many forms of intimacy. Daddy's girl will be mine".

King blew his breath out. "Best of luck man just don't say I didn't warn you".

Our conversation on Mizery came to an end and King brought up a new topic, a topic I wished to avoid. "So when do I get the meeting with the masked people? I keep being put off".

" honestly I don't know. There's been a hitch in their plans plus I haven't spoken to them in a few week's. I need to touch base with them as well as my father. I'm guessing that it will be awhile since the original plan didn't come to fruition. "

I could see the urgency in Kings eye's at hearing this. "I can't keep waiting to take over and claim my title. The sooner I'm out from under Demarco's iron thumb the better. I can't take much more of his bullshit. I'm returning home in the morning and I know that he will be even more enraged over my partnership with your father since you and Mizery. I think it's time I was given my title and to hell with what he thinks".

" before you make any decisions let me talk to our masked friend's and see what the new plan is even if there is one. "

"Just tell me who they are". King tried to encourage me.

I smirked. " I would if I could but I don't even know. Let's just say once they are revealed all Empire's will bow down. That's why our families must remain alliance's. Something big is about to happen. It will be bigger than the state's.... I'm talking world dominance. Plus I keep telling myself that I must leave Mizery alone to ensure our families remain in good terms. "

King laughed. "Or you could just marry her and pop some babies out so we are more than just alliance's but family. The mixing of Harper and Marietta blood".

I would have laughed had he not been so close to the truth. He stated exactly what the masked one's wanted me to do but I refused. Bidding King goodbye, I retired to my room. Losing the battle in my head, I picked my phone up and sent a text out to Mizery. "I need to know that you are okay".

As I waited for her reply I thought to myself "Cole Harper you may be one tough son of a bitch when you have the other's with you but I wonder how tough you are when caught alone." .