Mizery Loves Company

Tossing my phone back onto my bed, I fought the urge to reply back to Aiden's series of texts messages. It's been close to two week's now since my Pape caught up to us and I'm finally back to my normal medicated self.

Aiden has since tried multiple times to reach out to me but I ignore his every attempt. It's not that I want to ignore him, I'm just trying to keep him alive. Once my head was back on straight my Pape and I had a serious discussion over the entire ordeal. He did apologize for losing his cool and hitting me but he was very stern where Aiden was concerned. In more ways than one he explained to me why I couldn't choose a man like Aiden. Even though I already know all the why's, he drilled them into me. "The family could see you as commiting a betrayal. You know many of our secrets and what's stopping you from sharing them with him or him using you to gain access to our highest client's. Not only that, he can't care for you. He didn't know what to do when you had your episode. Had I'd not gotten there when I did I'd hate to think what may have happened to you. But its not just this family I'm concerned about, I'm concerned about the Marietta 's as well. I'm certain they wouldn't like this anymore than us. This could cause a fallout between our families. I hate to admit this but the Marietta 's are important to us business wise. No, there not as big as us but they are the second biggest next to us. Other smaller Empire's and organizations want nothing more than to bring us down. With the Harper's and Marritta's out of the way their pockets will fatten and their Empire's grow stronger. You see Mizery, as long as we are alliance's we are damn right impenetrable. You must not jeopardize the family".

I shook my head in understanding and agreement but before I could speak on the matter we heard another voice enter our conversation. "That's horse shit Olive. If she wants to see Aiden she very well can. You are the one with the problem. Wasn't too long ago my Pape said shit about you."

" Mirimosa, shut your shit up and go away. ".

" I most certainly will not. You need to let go".

"Fuck, you sound like your mother right now. You know this is dangerous territory" .

"Your unbelievable Olive. I'll see you two later. I've got some errands to run".

" What errands". Pape called out to her.

"Just selecting your casket Olive. Pape always said your asshole ways would get you killed early".

Pape flicked her off as she blew him a goodbye kiss. Finally he excused himself to return to work and I made my way to my room. Flopping down across my bed I refused to look at my phone. I knew there would be more messages from Aiden. Of course I wanted to contact him back but Pape was right, I had to leave him be. In fact Pape was so desperate for me to forget Aiden that he even went as far as suggesting I make a date with one of the younger men at the Den.

The one thing I did learn about myself during my time with Aiden was that I was tired of being alone, tired of being the outcast and I wanted to start living. I wanted to call in love and have adventures but I just couldn't do it with Aiden. Maybe Papes idea wasn't so bad. Maybe if I became interested in someone knew I'd forget Aiden. Picking up my phone I released a deep breath and sent my reply.

" I am well, thanks for checking in on me. I'm sorry for any trouble I've brought to you and I hope your okay. I'm also sorry that you had to see me like that. Just believe that it wasn't your fault and you didn't know what to do. I should have prepared you. Even though I enjoyed my time with you I'm afraid it can never happen again. You know the reasons. I must ask that you  stop contacting me now. I wish you the best. "

Tossing my phone away again I didn't feel any better. Within in moment's it beeped indicating that I had a message. I knew it was him and thought that I needed my number changed as soon as loss to ensure that he gets the hint. Walking to my parent's bedroom I ventured inside of my mother's closet. An hour later I emerged looking like someone else, someone that I didn't even recognize. Wearing my mother's dress, make up and heels, I made my way toward the Den. A part of me wanted to retreat to my hole in the wall but I kept putting one foot in front of the other.

There was one but that came to mind and that was Finn. Once a few years ago it was rumored that he liked me but I wasn't sure. Well I'm about to find out. Spotting him having lunch with a few other men, I politely interupted. "Finn, may I have a word with you privately?"

I noticed the men checking me out. No one had ever seen me actually dressed like a girl. Finn smiled hugely and stood but his eye's lingered over my cleavage. Pulling him to a private section of the bar, I took the bill by the horns and just laid my offer on the table. "I was wondering if maybe you would like to take me out tonight. You know dinner and perhaps a movie? It's okay if you're busy though" .

Finn smiled. "I'd love too Mizery. Let's say we meet here at seven?"

" Sure". I nodded and smiled.