Too much Too Soon

I've been home nearly three month's now and much to my surprise everything has been going according to plan. Cole had moved out and was now living HV Enterprises, my building where I ruled although I did most of my work in his old office at the Den to avoid running into him. He signed the divorce paper's without a hiccup and we haven't spoke since that last phone call.

Mizery is currently staying with him and I'm okay with that, he needs someone. However I hope she isn't stuck babysitting him like I was. I'm not sure how he's fairing. I don't ask and the kid's don't divulge anything. My hope is that he's taking his meds like he should and continues to do so. I do know that he is currently serving as Demarco's right hand man and staying busy. To my amazement Dem hasn't expressed his opinion on our split but I can sense that he isn't happy about it.

As for me, I'd like to think I'm doing fine for the most part. This is all still do new and it's not like something you just get over quickly. Cole has been a constant in my life since we were children so it's nearly like losing a limb. I half expect him to walk in the door at any minute as if none of this occurred. The day's aren't so bad because I'm kept so busy trying to grasp the ropes of the business. To put it mildly, I'm so out of the loop I've pulled quite a few all nighters. There's a lot that I'm having to learn, research and remember. So many new names, client's and new deals I'm having to familiarize myself with. Everyday I discover something new, something that I should have already done or potential new deal's. I try not to stress myself out wondering if I'm failing but I keep reminding myself that this is new, give myself time to adjust and I will dominate this. My parent's didn't raise a quitter or a weakling. In time I will make them proud as well as myself. I know no other way.

Yes, my days are pretty much swamped with all of this that Cole rarely crossed my mind but night's are a different tune. My home is now quiet with just me there so I do get lonely. I miss the warmth of Cole's body lying next to me in bed or how he'd come home from work and grab me up in a hug. Memories are tucked away in every corner of the house.... Good and bad, but mostly the good one's are what I remember. Even with the television on there still is a emptiness in here. So yes, I do miss him and it still hurts but I still believe that I made the right decision.

I must say it feels good not having to keep up with medicine's anymore or stay behind Cole about taking them. A lot of stress has been lifted off of my shoulders. Not that it ever bothered me, taking care of Cole but he's a grown man and he needs to be responsible for his well being as well. I was fighting a losing battle when it came to him. Three steps forward, ten steps back. All I wanted him to do was take his meds and want to be better for me as well as himself and the kid's. I wanted him to thank me for all of my efforts and not make me feel like it was all for nothing. Appreciate all I did for him in order to keep him healthy. Each time he skipped his meds it felt like a smack in the face. That he didn't care enough about everything I went through for him.

There's something else that's bothering me currently and I wished I could talk to him about it but I'm not certain if nows the time to dump a possibly stressful situation in him, especially while he's still recovering. I'm worried about my son CJ. At first I thought it was just my imagination but my gut instincts told me to have him followed. I've took noticed to a strangeness in his and Alice's relationship but only assumed it was a tiff, something that would be worked out soon. However CJ has been leaving work early several times a week's and I ran into Alice. When I asked where CJ was she told me work. Alice didn't act any certain way but I could see something hurtful in her eye's. Immediately this signaled red flags in my brain. Something was up and it wasn't good.

So I begin to have CJ followed. Yes, he's grown and I can't tell him what exactly to do but I can offer advice and maybe prevent heartache. Turns out he has been meeting with a young girl by the name of Tabby Collins. From my understanding these aren't just business meetings, these are meetings of secret lovers. Naturally I looked into Miss Collins and learned that she's from North Dakota and moved here nearly two year's ago. She's a nurse at the local hospital and I'm not quite sure how the two met. She seems to have a clean record and I can't find any possible motive as to why she would see a married man.... Assuming that she knows that CJ is married.