Welcome To Vegas

Drawing my brows together as the annoyingly nasal voice of the flight attendant rattled over the intercom, I awoke from my half decent slumber. The attendant was informing us to fasten our seatbelts and prepare to land momentarily. Doing as asked, I tried to rotate my stiff neck around in circles in hopes of relieving the kink that had came from sleeping in such an awkward position. It was time's like these that I actually felt fortunate that my family owned a few jets. However if I had taken off on one of them the family would've been alerted. So here I am, cooped up on some second rate airline.

Once we landed I remained seated until all passenger's had descended. There was no need to go to the luggage carousel, I had all I needed right here in the two duffel bags I had carried on. My first stop was the bathroom and to my disappointment it was public, not private. Checking the stalls, I ensured that I was alone before removing a micro tool set from my bag. Quickly, I selected the battery operated screwdriver like drill and dismantled a lock from a stall door. Swiftly I assembled it into the main entry to the restroom and slid the lock in place. Checking my watch, I frowned. My last attempt at this took two minutes and forty seconds. My new record now was two minutes. My hope was to make it in under a minute. What can I say, I'm a girl with goals.

Making sure the lock was secure, I grabbed my bag and pulled my bottle of pills out. Taking my half empty bottle of water, I popped the pill in my mouth and took a swig. I needed a clear mind for my work ahead. Stripping from my sweats, I slid into some black jeans and a tank, followed by a light weight leather jacket then slid into a pair of bulky black combat boots. Next, I pulled my hair up into a tight ponytail and twisted it into a flat roll stop of my head. Once I had my hair pinned down, I placed a skin tight rubber cap on my head followed by a short, pink wig. To complete my look, I added a pair of knockoff shades. Looking in the mirror, I was pleased with my temporary new look. This mission was important to me and I couldn't blow it by possibly having Aiden or even King recognize me.

A urgent knock belted out on the door pulling me from work. Knowing if I kept this place locked up too long security would probably be notified so with a irritated sigh, I packed my things back up and made sure my scrambler was in place. This smart, little device insured that I made it through customs without having my tool's and such detected.

Heaving my bags into my shoulder, I flicked the lock open and stepped out. A few stuffy, older women were giving me the stank eye so I couldn't help myself. I placed my hand on my stomach and grimaced. "Stay away from the burritos here. Nearly sat the fire alarm off".

The jaw dropping expression on their faces made my day complete as I walked off smirking. Ducking into a gift shop, I pretended to browse around but had no intentions of buying anything. Scoping out my surroundings, I spotted the surveillance camera in the left corner and the clerk helping a customer. Now I don't get off on stealing but sometimes I like to test my abilities and see just how smooth I am.  Making sure I wasn't being watched, I picked up a hot beef stick and a pack of peanuts. Pretending that I was on my way to check out, I intentionally bumped into a display of candy causing a few to spill to the floor. Gasping, I swiftly turned and as I did, I slid my goodies into my pocket as I bent over to retrieve the candy. Once the candy was replaced, I walked out in a normal, carefree pace.

Eventually I made my way to the car rental counter because I was still about fifty miles from Vegas. "Name please?" The attendant asked.

" Louise, Louise Genovese ". I said handing over my fake identification.

On the identification my hair was red. He looked from me to the identification card. "What? A girl can't change her hair?" . I asked impatiently.

"Yes, of course." He said apologetically .