Coming Clean

Mizery.

No other name would fit her. She was her name as much as her name was her. Oblique darkness and disdain would forever follow her like a rain cloud and once she reached her limit the rain cloud would spew thunder and lightning bolts spectacular enough to even make Zeus jealous.

Mizery was a storm brewing but the type that liked to tease humanity. Is she coming? Will she miss us? Is she fizzling out?..... No, she's just returning back to sea to back build and then launch herself full force as a category five..... Complete and utter devastation.

This was the woman I loved. This was the woman that I would never give up on no matter how severe her condition grew. This woman was mine and soon everyone including her would accept it. She is my Misery.

The night I found her by the docks a fixture in that gruesome scene I knew then that her mind was full throttle. I knew then that she wasn't just your normal killer but that she was something entirely out of this realm. I also knew in that moment that she could kill me if she ever chose to.

Three day's have passed since that night at the docks. My shock had faded away and pride in that woman filled its place. I've continued to stay in at the Den but haven't seen Mizery since. Not that I didn't want to or that I hadn't tried but I'm continuously turned away. Oddly enough it isn't her family that refuses me but it's Mizery herself. I've been given no explanation as to why, they just repeat themselves like a broken record. "Mizery had requested no visitors accept for family" .

How can I argue with that? Even if I did try to squeeze my way in it would only lead to more bloodshed. I'm assuming Mizery is upset with me over my harsh word's that I pointed toward her and her family, but it's the truth. I'd walk over hot coals for Mizery if it defended her name and feelings for me. All I ask, all I want is for her to admit her feelings for me to her family, to come to my defense and stop caring what they think about it. Then she hid her pregnancy from me and that cut deep. Had I known this entire situation may have been avoided and my baby would still be growing in her womb. Even yet, I still don't fully blame her. I blame her father for making her feel that she had no other choice but to hide it. I blame Finn for being a despicable, greedy bastard and I blame myself for not being responsible that night I took her. My need for her outweighed my common sense and I didn't take the time to protect us. My intentions was to never get her pregnant even though a child between us would deal the deal and ultimately merge the families. A dream come true for the masked one's but not for me. I didn't want it this way. I needed Mizery to come to by her own free will. I wanted her to want me, need me and love me as much as I want, need and love her.

There's something else that has been weighing in my mind and that's her devotion to me. Let's be realistic here, Mizery and I have never been an official couple. In fact I don't have a word for what our relationship would be called. I've confessed my love for her yet she has never admitted her. I know Mizery does thing's in her own time and own way but it's really starting to worry me. What if I presumed wrong? What if I just thought she had feelings for me and all along she was just playing with me? No one has ever got in my head like she has.

Turning off the steamy shower water along with my mind,I stepped out and quickly dried off then wrapped the towel around my lower half. Stepping into the room I pulled a pair of pajama bottoms from the dresser and turned letting the towel fall to the floor. My lamp clicked on and dim light flooded the room startling me. My first instinct was to reach for my gun but then I noticed that Mizery was sitting in the chair with her feet tucked beneath her. I noticed her eye's rake over my body causing me to remember I was naked. Stepping into my bottoms I focused on her. "Are you okay" .

"Dandy".

I could tell by her tone that her mood wasn't good. Swallowing my pride I spoke. "I understand why you're upset and I'm sorry for the thing's I said but keep in mind that what you revealed came as a shocker. I was mad to and I had every right to be but I shouldn't have lashed out at such a trying time".