So, So Sticky

Three day's have passed since I discovered the truth about Hazel. Several time's she attempted to talk to me pleading her case but I was having none of it. Just the thought of her made me sick. Currently I was trying to decide what to do about her. This was a very confusing, sticky mess.

If I had it my way she would have stopped breathing day's ago but it's not that simple. Part of me wants to hand her over to the Harper's as the crime was committed against them but there's that little treaty we have going on and I can't contact them. Sure, I think they would ignore the treaty long enough to get their hands on Hazel but in the end she is my wife. There's a big possibility that they would assume we knew this information all along and hold us responsible. Maybe it would be easier if I took her out.

Thinking long enough about it, I made my decision and informed my men to bring Hazel to the basement area. Twenty minutes later I made my way down there and found her strapped to a chair. "Aiden, what are you doing?" She sobbed.

" I'm sorry Hazel, it's the end of the road for you". I said removing my gun.

"Please Aiden, don't. I love you. You must believe me". Hazel pleaded.

Laughing, I shook my head. "You're a real class act Hazel. You know, at one time I might have believed you but that was before I figured out you knew about the plan to end my family".

" I couldn't tell you Aiden, I couldn't. You know what it means to betray one's own family. They would've killed me". Hazel cried.

"Well guess what Hazel? I am you're family now and you've betrayed me, your husband" .

Hazel hung her head in defeat. She knew her own word's just dug her deeper. Raising my gun, I aimed at the back of her head. "You're despicable Aiden Marietta. You'd kill the mother of your unborn child".

My finger froze on the trigger at her word's. "What are you saying Hazel?" I roared.

" I'm pregnant Aiden. Nearly seven week's. Check with your personal doctor if you don't believe me".

Her word's hit me like ice water. Jerking her head back, I forced her to look up at me. "You better not be lying Hazel. I have no more tolerance for game's" . I warned.

"Check with the doctor" . She screamed.

Two hour's later I sat behind my desk in disbelief. What Hazel said was true. The doctor confirmed the pregnancy. Talk about falling into my father's footsteps. His own father murdered his mother therefore my father harbored a deep hate for him. My father nearly killed my mother as well so what's stopping me from making the same mistake? I could still kill Hazel once the child is born but eventually that child would hate me for taking his mother away.

My shoulders were so tense from stress and my head was pounding but I knew nothing could be done right now. I refuse to mistreat Hazel while she's carrying my child, that is a fact. However that doesn't mean I forgive her. I want nothing to do with her. She will remain in one of the guest bedrooms and I'll see to it that she has everything she needs to ensure a healthy baby. My men will still continue to watch her every move and Hazel isn't permitted to leave the premises.

As if my plate wasn't full enough, in waltz my main man. Looking at him I didn't need to ask. The expression he wore told me that he needed to tell me something. Tossing my pen down I rubbed my temple's. "Hit me with it".

"We've got some info on O'Malley. He's in New York and seems to be looking for clues on who may have whacked his father. As far as we know he's came up empty handed. He will be returning to Ireland in three day's unless he decides to prolong his stay".

" And why would he do that? " I asked irritable.

Without a word my man laid an envelope in front of me. "You might want to take a peek inside".