Deep End

Lower, deeper I sank into the inky depths. The strong hands that held me under long gone but my strength depleted. Even if I tried to fight my way up it was too late. A warmth had enveloped my body and the water no longer seemed cold.

Peace overcame me, a comforting peace I had never felt before. There was no more pain, no burning in my lungs and I'm not sure exactly why but I smiled. I think because it was finally over. There would be no more crazy Harper girl. No more disappointing my family, no more anything. I would be reunited with the baby I never got to hold and my grandparents. I believe this is what happiness felt like and I had finally found it in my watery grave.

Closing my eye's, I welcomed death. There was no fear, no sadness. Just peace. Then suddenly I felt myself being lifted. At this point my eye's wouldn't open but it seemed as if I was being pulled up away from my happy place. I didn't want this. I think I felt hands holding onto me  and I tried to wiggle free needing to return to that peaceful place where nothing hurt or mattered, however these hands were much to strong for me to escape. Suddenly my head popped up into the night sky and my body was drug up onto the pavement of the docks, yet to air pumped from my lungs. There's still hope that I may return to that blissful place.

Pressure was felt on my chest in a series of pumps and I laughed on the inside as I realized someone was attempting to save my life with chest compressions. No, I'm not coming back, I'm happy in this desolate space. Lips pressed to mine breathing air into my body but my lungs wouldn't empty their contents. This repeated for several minutes and slowly I begin to fill a stinging in my nose cavity and a rawness in my throat as water pushed its way out. A terrible hacking cough racked my body as my mind screamed no. I didn't want this, I didn't want to be back here. The sadness and pain was back and the warmth replaced with a bone deep chill. My body shuddered and I could feel hands rubbing up my arm's and caressing my face in a attempt to warm me up. A voice was faint and I could just barely make it out but it kept repeating itself. "Open your eye's. You're strong and going to make it. Fight this. Open your damn eye's" .

I didn't want to open them but this person begin to shake me and my body hurt. Slowly I fluttered them open and it took a second for my vision to adjust but when it did I'm not sure how I felt by what I saw. There bent over my body was two figures draped in masks. Oddly I wasn't scared but curious. Ever so slowly I crept my hand toward the one closest to me and touched the mask. Their gloved hand gripped mine but I summoned enough strength to push it aside only for the hand to grab my hand again. My eye's then locked on their eye's that peeked from behind the mask. We stared into each other's depths and it was like we reached an understanding. Hesitantly they released my hand and the other masked person gasped as they vigorously shook their head no. I knew that I needed to move fast before they changed their mind. Gripping the bottom of the mask I started to slide it up. First a chin was revealed followed by a set of lips. A five o'clock shadow covered their jawline and soon a nose came into view. With one strong last tug I removed the mask.

Pure terror overcame me and I fought to scramble away but my body was just too battered to move. A scream shattered through the foggy night and it took a moment to realize the scream came from me. Just like that the masked was replaced and the two people darted off into the darkness.

I laid there thinking of who and what I saw and knew I could never speak of this to another soul... Well except for Aiden. In fact I have many word's for him. I know that he knows.

A stiff moan interrupted my thoughts and through my pain i rolled onto my side. There chained to a light post was Finn. It was obvious that the masked one's left him for me to finish off. Just the site of him brought all my hatred to the surface and a renewed strength filled me. Staggering to my feet, I removed my beloved dagger and laughed. "Guess who didn't die? Now guess who is going to die? I win".

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Aiden's POV

Cole and I were still going rounds. No matter what I wouldn't lose this battle, I had too much to prove. Someone would separate us only for us to go at it again. I don't believe a piece of furniture remained intact. Currently we was rolling about the floor taking turns on each other's face when a gunshot rang out. This grabbed our attention and we immediately pulled apart and saw everyone standing with their guns drawn and pointed toward Alice. She stood holding a gun up toward the ceiling. "Sorry, I pain and didn't know what else to do".

CJ stomped toward her and disarmed her. "That was a stupid move". He growled.

" We have bigger problems right now". She snapped.

"Tia and I can't find Mizery". She announced.

Everyone looked around the room and saw that she was gone. Cole started issuing orders. "Miri, check the house. Demarco look at the Den. Heir, Sire scout the building and Duel check the grounds. Cj pull up her tracking system. I'm going to alert the men".

I immediately ran to her room and checked the crawl space but came up empty. As I was racing back to the living room my phone buzzed with a text.

" Mizery is at the Harper docks. Apparently she found Finn. We saved her but it's far from over. Her health is fair but we did contain Finn. Move in fast".

Fuck, that crazy lunatic. Why would she do that? I yelled out. "My men found her. She's at the docks and fighting Finn. Where are your fucking docks?"

Everyone sprang into action and fled to the cars. Oddly enough I ended up riding with Cole but nothing was said. Getting to Mizery was our main focus at the moment. Once we reached the docks we jumped from the car and ran neck to neck to get to her. None of us was prepared for what we saw. The only thing that remained of Finn was his head attached to a light pole by a chain. His body parts and innards were strewn haphazardly near by.

Mizery stood in front of his lone head and looked into his hollow eye sockets. Giving off a cry full of rage and pain she slammed her knife into his forehead. "Mizery, baby girl" Cole called out to her.

Slowly she turned around with her head hanging down and it was obvious her body was suffering. Blood covered her body and she sank to her knees. Instantly Cole and I ran toward her but it shocked as well as hurt when she held her arm's out to him. "Pape" she whispered as Cole picked her up removing her from the scene.

This time I rode with Heir as my mind raced. Yes, I said some hurtful thing's to her and I exposed her secret so it was understandable that she was mad at me but damn I was mad to.