The Queens March

I morning started off as usual. After seeing Cole off to work I did a little housework, took a bath and got ready. My plans were to join Sam for lunch then get some work done for Valor Resort's.

It was time's like these that I missed my mom the most. Since her tragic demise I have taken over her company completely. It was hard walking into the office and not seeing her there calling all the shots. It was even harder sitting behind her desk as her office was now mine. I felt close to her there with all her decorative touches that was so her. Now everything rested upon my shoulders and I only hoped I could be as good as she was.

I had just slipped into my heels and was about to grab my handbag to meet up with Sam when Demarco bounced through my door. "Numb nut here?"

" No. He had a meeting over at our building. What's up? "

"Nothing really. I was just wondering if he has heard anymore from Mizery?"

" What do you mean ? " I asked scrunching my brows.

A daft look marred Demarco's features and the hair on my neck prickled. Instantly I knew something was going on concerning my daughter and I wasn't going to like it. "Oh, it's nothing. Forget I said anything".

Demarco shoved his hands deep into his pant pockets and turned toward the door as if nothing just happened. Fast as a lioness I was in him. Placing my hand on the back of his neck, I gave it a tight squeeze. "Like hell it's nothing. Tell me what's going on that concerns my child".

Demarco looked at me in surprise that I had placed my hands on him. We hadn't had a sibling fight since our teen year's. "Tell me". I hissed.

Manoeuvring away from my trip he said in that bratty voice he carried as a teen. "I don't know nothing" .

"Uh, yea you do and I'm so going to kick your ass if you don't spill" .

Demarco laughed and tossed my warning to the wind. Yes I may have been laid back and reserved for the last several year's but that didn't mean a bitch still didn't have it. Looking at his asshole of a grin, I lost my patience and before we both knew it I had swept his legs from under him. Demarco landed in the floor with a thud looking up at me from his back stunned. "That's right pussy. I don't need a ball bat to take your weak ass down". I snarled down at him.

With a growl Demarco leapt to his feet and begin circling me, trying to intimidate me. "So, you think your tough little girl?"

" Think? I said rolling me eye's. "I know I am little boy. Do you know the crazy fucker I married. You've got to be tough to handle that nut house. Now talk".

" I ain't got shit to say" He smirked.

"Oh I believe you do. Do you remember that time, oh maybe about eight year's ago. I went out with you and Pape to the ice cream shop. This young little hussy kept sending you a flirty eye and you was feeling all big headed. As she left she stopped by the table and handed you a piece of paper with her digits on it. You smiled so goofy about it before you tossed the paper away. Did you tell cupcake about it?"

" you wouldn't dare". He warned in a dark voice.

"Oh wouldn't I. It's simple Dem, tell me what I need to know and that secret will go to the grave with me". I crooned.

" Fuck". He swore clutching his fists.

"Fine, but know that Cole is going to be pissed at me".

" If I don't like what you're about to tell me, trust me Cole won't have time to be mad at you ".

Demarco breathed in deeply. "Mizery left to be with Aiden a few days ago. She told Cole about it and he basically banished her from the family, her inheritance. Evidently thing's didn't go as planned and Mizery called him later wanting to return home. Cole told her no".

Fury raged up  inside me and I felt as if fire would explode from my fingertips. "So you're telling me that my daughter is out there unprotected, that my husband allowed this and you didn't stop it".

Demarco held his hands up defensively. "Hey, I tried to talk to Cole but you know how he can be".

" Then you should've came to me. Pray nothing happens to her because I will hold you just as responsible as that maniac I married". I growled storming toward the door.

"Where are you going?"

" To commit a murder and find my daughter".

Demarco followed along on my heels as he mumbled. "This is going to be good".

Ignoring his annoying presence I continued on. In no time I was whirling my car in front of HV Enterprises. Not bothering to have my car parked properly I stormed the building. I knew Cole was in the middle of a meeting and it was seen as the highest form of disrespect for the wife to bust in and undermine the king but right now I didn't care. My head could be on fire and I wouldn't care at this moment.

Slinging the conference room door open without so much as a knock, I rushed in and crawled upon the long oval table. I came to a stop right in front of Cole and saw the shock upon his face. "Miri, what is".

Slamming my hand into his cheek I cut his words off. "You have no right to discredit my daughter. You are not a Harper. This business is not yours. It is mine, I am the queen and a Harper by blood. If not for me you would be just one of the men, not a king. You have approximately twenty-four hours to find my daughter and get her home safely. Then and only then I will decide if you will remain a king. Marriage is only a piece of paper, a very thin piece of paper that entitles you to this Empire and can be easily disposed of".

Hopping down, I turned on my heel and glared at the men in attendance. I hadn't a clue who exactly they were but knew they was interested in some land but more important matters was at hand. "Meetings over. Get the fuck out".

Wow!! You guys did amazing on the little trivia game!! I'm impressed and stunned at how well you know my work!! Thanks!!

Uh-oh.... Could there be trouble brewing for Miri and Cole?

Is Miri taking it to far or does she have every right to do this?

Wonder how Cole will react?

Should Demarco be held partial responsible considering he knew yet did nothing?

Can't wait to hear from you!!

Thanks for all the love!!