It's Me Again

Hey guy's!

Hope you all are well and enjoying your weekend! Rain and more rain in my little part of the map😑

First, I want to apologize for slow updates lately but to be honest, I've been in a funk. Maybe it's the weather or the everyday stress of life, especially balancing 3 kid's, a husband and work. Not to mention all of the unexpected surprises that pop up daily.

I do plan on updating later tonight but after this update I may take a temporary break to recharge and clear my thoughts. A big portion of this is due to discouragement. As of late I've received some very negative and criticizing comments, not just on this book but some of my other work's as well. Yes, I know my work isn't for everyone and that's okay and I try not to pay much mind to the negative Nancy's of the world but sometimes that's easier said than done.

To better explain let me tell it this way and I think other writer's will agree... Do you know how much thought is put into trying to find the correct word to use? Thinking up scenarios, trying to make your characters likable individuals? Rewording/rewriting entire chapter's over and over in hopes that your audience will be delighted? The constant worry if you're making the right decision with a certain sceniro or character?

But there's more than just word's and stories I sacrifice over. It's time away from my family and friend's. It's putting other thing's I enjoy doing on the backburner because my love for writing is just that... an important relationship to me. So yea, it's hard to always not take bad criticism personally when I've put so much time and effort in trying to create a story worth reading, a story people will love and feel emotionally.

At the end of the day it's not about making it, getting alot of votes or any form of recognition... it's about doing something I love and sharing what's in my head with reader's!

Word of advice...yes there will be book's you don't like for whatever reason but never feel the need to tear that author down when you don't know the time and hope that author has put into a book. Simply don't read ... that simple!

Okay, I'm rambling but thing's like this do interfere with my writing so I needed to unload it, drop it off!

As always thank you all for being there through it all and loving the Harper's ❤

Drop it like it's hot💋