Uneven Break

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't wonder about Cole and this mysterious woman by the name of Veronica. It floats through my mind only a dozen time's a day. I wonder who she is to him and what they are up to. I could ask Mizery but that wouldn't be fair to her, besides Aiden is visiting so I don't see her much right now.

I haven't seen it heard from Cole either, not since the day I asked for his help and that's been nearly a week ago. It's true, curiosity does kill the cat. This morning I came up with this hair brained idea but what's even more disturbing is that I'm going to go through with it. I couldn't stop myself if it was death waiting on the other side. I had to know what he's been up to and who this Veronica was. Today, this evening I'm going to wonder in the gym at the Den for a workout. Yes, I know that he'll probably be there and I do workout occasionally so it want seem too knowing. I

Still unable to come to a decision on the new clients partly because my men haven't gained enough information on the side yet, I shut my laptop off and locked my office up. Once home, I stripped from my power suit and heels then slid into workout attire. I made sure to choose my most snuggest fitting yoga pants and a cropped, razor back tank. Tossing a towel and a few other essentials into my bag, I grabbed a bottle of water and made my way to the gym.

To my dismay the gym was empty. Yes, I was disappointed but I didn't lose hope. Perhaps he just hasn't arrived yet so I decided to wait it out for a bit. After a mile jog in the treadmill I opted for boxing. Skipping my fitted gloves on, I went to work on the bag. It's been awhile since I've put this much effort into my workout and it felt good. I hated to admit it but I was rusty and it's time that I train back up, especially after taking my title over.

Throwing combination jabs and elbows, I never noticed that I was being watched until I heard that all too familiar deep voice. "You plan on murdering that bag?"

Stilling the bag, I shipped around to see Cole standing there shirtless in only ball shorts. Smiling, I stepped away. "I haven't done that in awhile, I guess I just got caught up".

" You was looking good". He offered as I grabbed my towel up to wipe the sweat from my chest and face.

"Hardly" . I scoffed. "It's been too long. I was messy and slower than I liked". I said gulping down my water.

" You're being to hard on yourself. You did fine".

"Thanks". I half laughed.

After that, Cole walked over to the weights and I sat down to take a break. Eventually I got up and tried my luck on the cycles. Cole and I never spoke again and I was about to give up on my plan when Demarco walked in. Immediately him and Cole struck up a conversation before the joined each other lifting weights. Seeing that they were engrossed in themselves I took this opportunity to pull my plan off.

Cole had left his bag lying near mine so I took a seat and pretended to search my bag for something. Swiftly, I grabbed his phone from the top of his bag and popped the bottom off. Quickly I inserted a tracker and placed the phone neatly back down in it's rightful spot. Waiting a few minutes more I stood up and grabbed my bag. Bring polite, I walked by the men and called out a goodbye. Demarco smirked and chose to open his mouth. "What's little sis doing here working out?"

" I need to shape up". I said which wasn't totally false.

"Uh-huh. If I didn't know better I'd say you're up to something". He grinned.

Fuck. I hate him sometimes. "Okay, you caught me. I'm having relations with a tredmill". I snapped and continued walking out.

After I got a shower and threw me a sandwich together. Mostly I didn't cook these day's, it only being me to feed. Once I was done I settled into bed and turned the t.v. On. Tuning into one of my favorite re-runs, I clicked my laptop on and waiting to see where Cole would head off to.