Shattered

My heart raced as the taste of metal filled my mouth. I knew that Cole had crossed the narrow bridge that separates his sanity from his darkness. Question was how far had he crossed. Would I be able to bring him back to the here and now?

I knew better than to handle this situation so carelessly. Yes, learning that he basically abandoned Mizery set my soul on fire and I was livid but I knew better than to approach it the way I did. Cole is not someone that you can just attack out of the blue. When you do it sends the chemicals in his brain into overdrive and this is the result. I made this mistake, this mess by allowing my emotions to rule over my common sense. Not that I'm saying that Cole should just get off the hook for what he's done to Mizery but I should've addressed the situation more calmly, more civil. Not only did I arouse his demons, I attacked his manhood in front of an audience. I ripped his title to shreds as they gawked on taking it all in. I humiliated him in the worse possible way and made him look weak and inferior in front of the men and I know for that I must answer.

This brought memories of my parent's to the forefront of my mind. We all know how rebellious my mother was and often tempted fate when it came to my Pape. However very seldom did she explode on my Pape in front of important business associates and if she did Pape always reprimanded her for it. Well there was a few times he let her slide simply because he found her nerve and lack of fear of him enchanting.

But don't think my mother just sat there letting him dictate all of the decisions. They had their own secret code that went unnoticed to most. If mom disagreed with what was conspiring she simply took a sip of her water and Pape knew that she didn't like it. He then would decline the offer until it was arranged to her liking. Once she was satisfied she'd simply give his leg a squeeze beneath the table. To everyone else it seemed that she was just the traditional mafia wife being seen not heard but to Pape and the rest of us we knew that she's was helping make decisions. It may sound strange but she did this out of love and respect for my Pape. She never undermined his authority in front of other's and when she did she accepted her punishment.

My Pape was a different breed of mafia men. Most are cruel to their spouse's and unfaithful. Women in this world are mostly just trophies. We are to set on a shelf and only be admired. Never are we suppose to interfere in the men's world. However that doesn't ring true for my family. We were raised entirely different. My mother was a very strong lady and not even my Pape could tame her or break her but he didn't want to. Her wit and impulsive attitude is what drew him to her and made him fall head over heels.  Not that my Pape was weak, that's far from the truth but he knew if he broke my mother she'd never be the same. He loved how strong she was and loved her enough to allow her to be the person she naturally was. Pape didn't want a mafia breed woman, he wanted a wild and unruly woman, a woman like my mother. Someone who didn't bore him or jump at his every whim. He wanted a challenge and that's exactly what mother gave him everyday of his life. Besides it took a strong man to handle my mother and Pape knew just how to do that.

This is what my Pape seen in Cole. Yes, I know Pape went crazy when he learned the truth about us but it wasn't the fact that it was Cole. It could've been any man and Pape would have reacted the same. He just couldn't accept me growing up. However deep down he knew that I would be safe with Cole and that Cole was raised to treat a lady with respect. Pape didn't fear that Cole would try to break to his will or turn me into a groomed mafia breed woman. Many time's Pape would tell me that I was too important, too special to ever let a man rule me. He along with my mother insured that I'd be a strong female that could defend herself as well as stand alone. Now look at me.

My parent's laid two powerful business at my feet yet I shunned one of them along with my title. Of course I run the resort's perfectly but I've placed soul responsibility of the family business in my husband's shoulders. I've became too dependent on Cole to operate what I didn't want to. So much so that I honestly can't say what is even going on in that area. Everything my parent's taught me I've wasted. Shopping and other nonsense hobbies outweighed my responsibility. But my parent's never questioned it. They allowed me to live as I pleased as long as I was happy, they were.

Shame filled my mind over my neglect and I owed it to my parent's, my family to step up. Yes, my title claims me to be a queen but I am no queen. It's time I lived up to my family name and title. Time I made my parent's proud and show them that their hard work wasn't for nothing. I found myself asking what would mom do in this situation? How would she handle it?

Finally i knew what I needed to do in order to survive. Even though I'm scared and angry I had to push it all aside and put on a good act. Looking up at Cole I begin to plead. "Please Olive don't do this. I'm sorry and I love you. I was only upset and I didn't mean anything I said. You know me Cole. You know that you're all I want. I'd never leave you."

Cole gritted his teeth as tears streamed his face. I knew he was trying to fight the battle inside his head. "Come on Olive. Take me home now and carry out your punishment upon me. I disobeyed you and deserve everything you dish out. I submit to you".

With shaky hands Cole spoke in a few emotional voice. "Don't be playing with me Miri".

Wanting so bad to be believable, I gently placed my hands on the gun and removed it from my mouth. Next, I sank to the floor in my knees, placed my hands on my lap and bowed my head to the floor to show my submission. Slowly Cole put his gun away and stared down upon me. "When I'm done with you, you will never want to step out of line again. I am your king and as my queen you will do as I wish. Understand?"

" yes Sir". I spoke softly without making she contact.

Suddenly I was jerked up from the floor roughly and I knew Cole still wasn't in his right state of mind. I just gave the sadistic other person inside of him permission to punish me or so this other side of Cole thinks. As I was being led away from the office, I quickly gripped a stone figurine that perched on a decorative table. In one swift move, I crashed it down over his head. Like a brittle leaf, he fluttered to the floor at my feet. A small trail of blood created a stream from his head and if not for his chest pumping up and down while breathing I would've thought him dead. "You will never control me. No one will. You have been dethroned". I hissed to his still form.

Calling my men in I ordered them to have Cole sent to the facility for medical treatment but he was not to be released until he was under control once again. That's right, I placed him in the hospital for mental treatment. No one was allowed to visit him and he would remain strapped to the bed until further notice.

Having heard, Demarco rushed in. "The fuck Miri?"

" We are over Dem. I'm taking back my half. Cole will remain here until his mind heals then he will be removed from the building as well as the business ".

" you're fucking kidding me Miri" Demarcao stated in disbelief.

"I'm serious Dem." .

"What do you expect him to do?"

" Well see if you need a new right hand man".

"Miri, this will destroy him. His mind won't be able to handle it".

" who's side are you on Dem? Not thirty minutes ago he had a gun shoved down my throat prepared to kill me. He tossed our daughter out. I'm done taking care of him and his craziness. I'd advise you to not set him free. Now I have a flight to Vegas to prepare for".

I left Demarco standing there in shock but right now my daughter needed me more.

So Miri really did leave Cole!!

How do you think Cole will take to this and her putting him in the hospital? Remember she always swore she'd never put him away.

Will Demarco go against his sister and release Cole?

Is Miri making the right decisions?

What will happen once she gets to Vegas?

Can Midi run her side of the business?

Until next time!!