And Boom

Sleep was a thing of my past. The last few week's have been a nightmare. Over and over Mizery's word's play in my head as a reminder to what I lost. There's no going back now, only forward. Saddest part is that it's so much easier said then done.

There's so much on my plate right now and I'm about to crack. With the help of my father, we are watching the doctor that treats Hazel. The last thing I am is dumb. I don't know much about pregnancy but I do know that by now Hazel should at least have a baby bump. Her stomach is as flat as it was month's ago and yes, I'm making sure she's taking care of her health while carrying my child.

It's day's like this that I think of the child I nearly had with Mizery and how unfairly it was taken from us. My only regret was not being the one to kill the bastard who robbed us of our child. Often I wonder if the baby had survived would thing's be different between Mizery and I? Would we married and living a happy life?

Coming out of my daydream, I focused back on my work splayed out in front of me. Seam O'Mally.... Talk about karma coming to bite you in the ass. Never once did we have an issue with Seam, only his father but we handled that. However thing's have changed. Seam now knows that we are responsible for his father's death so I'm certain that he will be staging an attack. The only question is when, where and how but I'm one step ahead. Since he left for Ireland I've had my men keep tabs on his whereabouts at all time's. I'm even aware of any deal's he's involved in. Seems our bad boy cop isn't all he seems to be and this gives me concern for Mizery. I'm not sure what her intentions are with Seam, hell I don't even know if there even in contact after he left but one thing I know is that he can't be trusted. How can you play on both teams and not have a hidden agenda? The thing is that I haven't pin pointed his agenda yet. Whatever it might be the last thing he wants to do is harm Mizery in any form.

Looking over Seams latest transactions, it seems that he just bought a track of land in the Indies. I found that off and made a note to keep my eye on it. Before I could recover more information my door swung open and my dad strode in. Taking a seat he placed his two pointer fingers together forming a triangle and rested them against his lips. Instantly I knew something was up just by his reaction. "I was informed by the men today about the weapons we were interested in".

eager to find out where they were so we could confiscate them I asked. "And?"

" One word... Harper".

"No fucking way?"

" Yes, seems that Mizery pulled it off and killed Stanton to get her hands on the deed. The shipment is expected to arrive at the Harper's private docks midnight tomorrow ".

Unbelievable. Mizery strikes again but this time it effected us. "Are you still going to try and obtain the weapons?"

" I haven't decided. I'm sure it would be too risky to ambush them at their own docks. The easiest way would be to intercept the ship while it's still out at sea. However with the valuable cargo the crates contain I'm sure it's heavily guarded".

"What about the treaty?"

" I've considered that to. It would definitely break it but damn, those weapons are to good to pass up. I'm going to sleep on it and I'll give you an answer tomorrow ".

I nodded my head as he exited. Smiling to myself I thought of Mizery again. She pulled a fast one this time and basically derailed our plans. I wasn't sure what my father's decision would be but if he chose to steal the weapons I'm certain the Harper's would hunt the culprits down. Once again, the Harper's have screwed us over.

No sooner than I had returned to my work there was a knock at my office door. Giving the okay for whomever to enter I looked up. My main man stepped in. "Got some new dirt on O'Malley."